It feels weird going to work while I have covid

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My new boss said that the company still requires you to work if you have Covid now and you will be penalized for calling off. I said I will call the health department so fast if she ever tries to penalize me for calling out due to Covid. I had it year before last and there's no way I could have worked. Then DH and I both had it this past December. I wasn't nearly as sick this time but called off one day and that's when I found out about the policy.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Yup
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
Tbh i never saw a problem with wearing a mask if one had cold symptoms even before Covid. I think it should be normalized. If you’re sick and need to go out wear a mask. I thought it was nice Japan and China did that. And I’m not sure why my testing for Covid bothers you. I can’t test for flu easily or i might. As for being Val interesting you mention that. Although normally she answers under her own name and probably wouldn’t care what i do. I don’t sit worrying over who’s anon though so whatever.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
As a person with an immune compromised kid I wear a mask at work (when out of my office) every time another employee is showing cold symptoms. In my office I have an air sanitizer. While getting covid or the flu won't kill my child it they get sick with even a cold we're looking at at least a week off of school because they get so sick.

I guess I was a loon before Covid, lol.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Eh. When I actually had Covid a year ago I stayed out of work for 5 days. That was mostly because my symptoms were bad enough that I couldn't go back in. Then after 5 days I was feeling well enough that I could go back in so I did.

A month ago I had what felt like a bad cold. I didn't test. I stayed home for two days because, again, my symptoms were bad enough that I wouldn't accomplish much in the office. That was the Thursday/Friday right before New Years. DH and I still kept our New Years plans (which had us out in public). The only change was we didn't see a friend of ours because she lives with her elderly mother and didn't want to risk bringing home what we had. We fully understood. Then I was back at work on Tuesday.

Did I have Covid a month ago? Maybe, maybe not. But really I just go by symptoms. If I'm feeling too bad to go out then I don't. Otherwise I do. It's no more complicated than that.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I've always been a "loon" so being concerned about Covid still only adds zest to my zing.

Both my husband and I have immunocompromised health systems and our youngest daughter is nearly 31 weeks pregnant with a high risk pregnancy so yeah...I still worry if one of us gets sick.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm

Tbh i never saw a problem with wearing a mask if one had cold symptoms even before Covid. I think it should be normalized. If you’re sick and need to go out wear a mask. I thought it was nice Japan and China did that. And I’m not sure why my testing for Covid bothers you. I can’t test for flu easily or i might. As for being Val interesting you mention that. Although normally she answers under her own name and probably wouldn’t care what i do. I don’t sit worrying over who’s anon though so whatever.
Oh yes because there were tons of people walking around with masks before March 2020. NOT. It was never normal and thank god the majority of people will not make it normal.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:47 pm

As a person with an immune compromised kid I wear a mask at work (when out of my office) every time another employee is showing cold symptoms. In my office I have an air sanitizer. While getting covid or the flu won't kill my child it they get sick with even a cold we're looking at at least a week off of school because they get so sick.

I guess I was a loon before Covid, lol.
And that's fine. Be buried in your mask if that's what you choose. You wearing a mask isn't going to prevent you from the common cold lol. It's a false security blanket.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:48 pm

Oh yes because there were tons of people walking around with masks before March 2020. NOT. It was never normal and thank god the majority of people will not make it normal.
It was normal in Asia which is where PJ states it was normal...It has always been normal in Asia. We saw tons of people wearing masks when we were in China in 2007 and again in 2016. In Japan, they have always worn masks if unwell to prevent the spread of illness.
When I was sick with a cold in January, I wore a mask at work so I didn't spread my germs to others at the dojo. No harm, no foul. The only other time I wear one is if I'm required to by a doctor's office or hospital. When I had surgery last year, DH and I both had to wear masks the whole time we were there which was about 9 hours. Was it fun? Noooo.. I hate masks, but I will wear it if necessary. I do think it is nice that Asians do it all the time and have for decades as they care about others and whether they get someone else sick.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:48 pm

It's more common than you think. Working retail I saw a good amount of people wearing masks before Covid was ever a thing and at various jobs. It picked up when I started working at a pharmacy. My sister is immune compromised and has been wearing one in public for years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic