It feels weird going to work while I have covid

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My husband tested positive for covid and has been very sick. I tested just in case and sure enough I'm positive. I have very mild symptoms so I will still be working. It just feels so weird because last year when I got covid and was completely asymptomatic I had to take two weeks off lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I really couldn't care less if people come to work with the BS known as covid, but I feel this post was made just to start a ruckus on here.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:27 am I really couldn't care less if people come to work with the BS known as covid, but I feel this post was made just to start a ruckus on here.
Not everything is that deep. It's just feels weird that things are so different after just a year.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm guessing you either need the hours or your company needs you there. Staying home when testing positive for a virus isn't just about how well you feel, but preventing the spread of disease.

I had a pretty terrible cold last month and I'm pretty sure I got it from my brand new co worker who felt like they couldn't not come in on their first day of work. They were sneezing all up in this joint. Then it spread to my entire family. My husband had to go in for his last day of work because there was no one to cover for him and he couldn't miss out on that last day without it impacting his future assignments. So, he went to work, in a school, and likely spread the cold further. For myself, I took one day off work and went back the next day even though I was coughing and sneezing a lot because I already took a lot of days off recently for a family tragedy. I don't depend on the hours but my company does depend on me, so I felt like I had to be there.

But yeah, it is amazing how much public perception has changed in just a year or two. I, myself, am obviously much more lax about it all.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have to we a mask at work still I'm not worried about spreading it at work. We have a short staffing issue so I am very much needed.

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:53 am I'm guessing you either need the hours or your company needs you there. Staying home when testing positive for a virus isn't just about how well you feel, but preventing the spread of disease.

I had a pretty terrible cold last month and I'm pretty sure I got it from my brand new co worker who felt like they couldn't not come in on their first day of work. They were sneezing all up in this joint. Then it spread to my entire family. My husband had to go in for his last day of work because there was no one to cover for him and he couldn't miss out on that last day without it impacting his future assignments. So, he went to work, in a school, and likely spread the cold further. For myself, I took one day off work and went back the next day even though I was coughing and sneezing a lot because I already took a lot of days off recently for a family tragedy. I don't depend on the hours but my company does depend on me, so I felt like I had to be there.

But yeah, it is amazing how much public perception has changed in just a year or two. I, myself, am obviously much more lax about it all.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What's the point of this post?

This site isn't your personal diary......there's no 'journal" feature here like there was on cafemom.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am
I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
Anyone who is ill or suspects they may be ill should mask when around those who are immune compromised or in the general public...that's just common courtesy......but people are selfish assholes who care only about themselves and they will go out and about without masks full well knowing they are sick and not give a damn about others. Then have the audacity to berate those who aren't sick that wear masks in public.
Locked Previous topicNext topic