Would you have a problem with MEN doing these jobs?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have had 2 procedures in the last 3 months. 1- just a routine mammogram and 2- yesterday I had a vaginal ultrasound due to some issues I have been having. Both were done by lovely women who made me feel comfortable and I was not embarrassed at all exposing myself in such a way. I was bleeding all over the table and had to remove my tampon, change pads etc. No way in hell would I let a man manipulate my boobs up on the machine, or have a man insert a wand and do an invasive ultrasound for 20 minutes while I bled. Just no. I have had male doctors of course and no problem with that but I am talking about these specific type of procedures only women get. So, would you be ok with a man doing these types of procedures to you?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Do men even apply to do mammograms or vaginal ultrasounds? IDK. I have never seen one. It has been women only when I go in for these things.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I have a male obgyn when I was pregnant… it wasn’t weird. Same professionalism as a woman.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 am I have a male obgyn when I was pregnant… it wasn’t weird. Same professionalism as a woman.
Ok so did I. A woman nurse was always present. I am talking about going into a mammography or ultrasound room with just a man where you have to have these invasive procedures done. They don't have 2 people present due to the radiation aspect. It's just you and the tech.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Same here.
He retired a few years ago and now I have a woman OBGYN. TBH, I don’t feel any different in terms of comfort or embarrassment.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 am I have a male obgyn when I was pregnant… it wasn’t weird. Same professionalism as a woman.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:19 am
Ok so did I. A woman nurse was always present. I am talking about going into a mammography or ultrasound room with just a man where you have to have these invasive procedures done. They don't have 2 people present due to the radiation aspect. It's just you and the tech.
It's an impossible situation that will never happen. It is required by LAW that anytime there is an invasive procedure such as that where only a tech of the opposite gender is available that there is a secondary person of the patients same gender present in the room. It applies to Radiologic Technicians the same as it does Doctors and nurses. In the case of a transvaginal ultrasound or mammography they will call in a nurse or a tech that is not trained in those areas. The Techs extra person can wear a shield, stand behind a rolling shield, or even back in the booth.. they also know the best areas of the room to stand in to minimize exposure (PS ultrasound is doppler and not radiation, no shielding needed for anyone).

So, NO, there will NEVER be a situation where it is just you and a male tech with him performing an invasive scan. There will ALWAYS be a female present. However that female may not be trained on the machinery being used and thus cannot perform the procedure themselves.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would find it odd that no other person would be present. I thought it was obligatory. Doctors and labs do this in order to protect both the patient and themselves from accusations of misconduct. The radiation from a mammogram is minimal and even then, the tech always went to a protected room after setting me up, where another person would be present.
And there’s no radiation from an ultrasound. That’s why it’s used for prenatal screening. My OBGYN is a woman and still she has a nurse present during US.
I’d be more concerned about the carelessness of the lab than about the gender of the technician.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:19 am
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no problem with male nurses, radiology/ultrasound technicians, etc. as long as they are professional.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't have an issue with it. They are doing a JOB. To think anything else, is kinda perverted.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:36 am I wouldn't have an issue with it. They are doing a JOB. To think anything else, is kinda perverted.
You have no issue going into an exam room alone with a man, pulling out a tampon, taking off your bloody pad, laying on a sheet while he inserts a wand and explores your vaginal canal for 20 minutes, hands you wipes to clean up your area? Cool. Call me crazy I would not feel comfortable with that. A woman tech can relate to the issues I was having and kept reassuring me the whole time and made me feel at ease. It has nothing to do with perversion but more of comfort and reassurance. But hey I guess you are so evolved lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic