Would you have a problem with MEN doing these jobs?

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:54 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:47 am

Yes, at my last visit my dr and I did discuss ways I can take better care of myself. None of it involved a mammogram.
Then your dr is not doing their job.
Guidelines have changed, depending on which expert group you are referencing ACOG vs. ACS vs. the UsPTF, but many providers will recommend females with low or average risk for breast cancer wait until at age 45, or even 50 for their first mammogram
My Dr wanted me to keep getting mammograms, and annuals like clockwork. Two years ago I did take the genetic breast cancer test. Happy to say I do not carry the gene.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My reproductive endocrinologist was a man. I had to have transvagi al ultrasounds on cycle day 3 every cycle we TTc. No BIG DEAL.

My on/gyn—also a man.

I actually prefer men to do my annuals vs women.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 am I have had 2 procedures in the last 3 months. 1- just a routine mammogram and 2- yesterday I had a vaginal ultrasound due to some issues I have been having. Both were done by lovely women who made me feel comfortable and I was not embarrassed at all exposing myself in such a way. I was bleeding all over the table and had to remove my tampon, change pads etc. No way in hell would I let a man manipulate my boobs up on the machine, or have a man insert a wand and do an invasive ultrasound for 20 minutes while I bled. Just no. I have had male doctors of course and no problem with that but I am talking about these specific type of procedures only women get. So, would you be ok with a man doing these types of procedures to you?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just curious. When you have woman issues like a heavy period, or pms problems, or pregnancy issues, or cramps etc do you talk about it with any males friends/relatives? Or would you only mention these things when chatting with your woman friends ?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:11 pm Because he’s not just any man. He’s a trained professional. If he’s behaving professionally, then I would feel the same level of comfort.
Having to go through medical examinations, especially when their involve having to be exposed like that are always uncomfortable. I feel less uncomfortable when the person is acting in a professional and respectful manner, regardless of their gender.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:57 pm Yes, there was an attached bathroom. But with the heavy clots I had to leave the tampon in until I got positioned on the table and in the stir ups. I then removed it while the lady held the garbage can for me. And then when she was done I had to wipe there on the table. There was just too much blood for me to hop down. I don't know how any woman would rather not have a woman in there with her for comfort while all this was going on than a man. But whatever.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm I would feel equally uncomfortable with a woman. It’s an uncomfortable situation in itself. And they didn’t even offer you a bathroom so your could remove your tampon and pad? When I had a cat scan they took me to a bathroom to take off my clothes and put on the hospital gown. I can’t imagine not allowing a woman privacy to remove a tampon and pad…

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would be fine with a male tech. My ob/gyn is a male. He has treated me very respectfully every time I am in. But to each their own.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:37 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am You're not my doctor but thanks for trying to be.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:27 am You should be getting yearly mammograms then!

It has nothing to do with being a dr or not. It's a fact that women over 40 should her yearly mammograms and man should get yearly prostate exams. You really should be taking better care of yourself.
You do realize that mammograms can cause cancer, right?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:18 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 pm

Guidelines have changed, depending on which expert group you are referencing ACOG vs. ACS vs. the UsPTF, but many providers will recommend females with low or average risk for breast cancer wait until at age 45, or even 50 for their first mammogram
My Dr wanted me to keep getting mammograms, and annuals like clockwork. Two years ago I did take the genetic breast cancer test. Happy to say I do not carry the gene.
Of course they did. It's about the $$$$.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:37 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am You're not my doctor but thanks for trying to be.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:27 am You should be getting yearly mammograms then!

It has nothing to do with being a dr or not. It's a fact that women over 40 should her yearly mammograms and man should get yearly prostate exams. You really should be taking better care of yourself.
Wow. You go from asking opinions to becoming the health police. You'd probably have a heart attack upon hearing I haven't had a physical or anything in like 20 years.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:47 am

Yes, at my last visit my dr and I did discuss ways I can take better care of myself. None of it involved a mammogram.
Cute that you think you know me and my doctor well enough to make such an assessment.

And by cute, I mean annoying. SMFH
Sad your dr is doing you a disservice and that you're just ok. But you do you boo boo.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm

Cute that you think you know me and my doctor well enough to make such an assessment.

And by cute, I mean annoying. SMFH
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your new doctor, Anon #3, might want to look at the new medical journals to see that annual mammograms are up for discussion among her profession lately. There's a lot of false positives that come out of them that result in unnecessary treatment. Your new doctor really should inform herself better! ;)
Hahaha
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:57 pm Yes, there was an attached bathroom. But with the heavy clots I had to leave the tampon in until I got positioned on the table and in the stir ups. I then removed it while the lady held the garbage can for me. And then when she was done I had to wipe there on the table. There was just too much blood for me to hop down. I don't know how any woman would rather not have a woman in there with her for comfort while all this was going on than a man. But whatever.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm I would feel equally uncomfortable with a woman. It’s an uncomfortable situation in itself. And they didn’t even offer you a bathroom so your could remove your tampon and pad? When I had a cat scan they took me to a bathroom to take off my clothes and put on the hospital gown. I can’t imagine not allowing a woman privacy to remove a tampon and pad…
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 am

You have no issue going into an exam room alone with a man, pulling out a tampon, taking off your bloody pad, laying on a sheet while he inserts a wand and explores your vaginal canal for 20 minutes, hands you wipes to clean up your area? Cool. Call me crazy I would not feel comfortable with that. A woman tech can relate to the issues I was having and kept reassuring me the whole time and made me feel at ease. It has nothing to do with perversion but more of comfort and reassurance. But hey I guess you are so evolved lol.
You asked a question you don't have to understand the answers and feelings of others. You get upset when any of us say we wouldn't care. Why did you make this post if you're just going to get upset at other options
Locked Previous topicNext topic