Would you have a problem with MEN doing these jobs?

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 am
jas wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:36 am I wouldn't have an issue with it. They are doing a JOB. To think anything else, is kinda perverted.
You have no issue going into an exam room alone with a man, pulling out a tampon, taking off your bloody pad, laying on a sheet while he inserts a wand and explores your vaginal canal for 20 minutes, hands you wipes to clean up your area? Cool. Call me crazy I would not feel comfortable with that. A woman tech can relate to the issues I was having and kept reassuring me the whole time and made me feel at ease. It has nothing to do with perversion but more of comfort and reassurance. But hey I guess you are so evolved lol.
Someone who is good at their job can do that just the same - male or female. It doesn't make me any more "evolved", wtf is that supposed to mean?
You don't have to be comfortable with it, but you asked the question. A man doing the job is there to do the job - take pictures or perform the ultrasound. Being versed in the medical field, I'm quite sure he knows women bleed.
Again, you asked the question - sorry not everyone agrees with your silliness.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:04 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:54 am

Then your dr is not doing their job.
Guidelines have changed, depending on which expert group you are referencing ACOG vs. ACS vs. the UsPTF, but many providers will recommend females with low or average risk for breast cancer wait until at age 45, or even 50 for their first mammogram
That’s too bad. I had breast cancer before 40 and it’s not that uncommon. It’s a simple procedure with no risks and great benefits if it’s caught before it can be felt.
I am sorry that has happened to you.

But experts & the statisticians actually have weighed a lot of risks & benefits, including all those women diagnosed in their 30-40 age ranges, , and there are a LOT of false positives, which means invasive testing with possible surgical complications, the costs, psychological worry, etc,

But, I certainly can understand you feelings & passion on the topic, & I do not have a dog in this fight, I was simply stating that it does not necessarily mean the doc is a moron.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[quote=LiveWhatULove post_id=939608 time=1675199992 user_id=153]
[quote=Lemons post_id=939586 time=1675195476 user_id=348]
[quote=LiveWhatULove post_id=939537 time=1675184915 user_id=153]

Guidelines have changed, depending on which expert group you are referencing ACOG vs. ACS vs. the UsPTF, but many providers will recommend females with low or average risk for breast cancer wait until at age 45, or even 50 for their first mammogram
[/quote]

That’s too bad. I had breast cancer before 40 and it’s not that uncommon. It’s a simple procedure with no risks and great benefits if it’s caught before it can be felt.
[/quote]

I am sorry that has happened to you.

But experts & the statisticians actually have weighed a lot of risks & benefits, including all those women diagnosed in their 30-40 age ranges, , and there are a LOT of false positives, which means invasive testing with possible surgical complications, the costs, psychological worry, etc,

But, I certainly can understand you feelings & passion on the topic, & I do not have a dog in this fight, I was simply stating that it does not necessarily mean the doc is a moron.
[/quote]

There are different opinions with all preventative testing I guess. I don’t understand what they mean by false positives. I don’t get why surgery would be involved.

The CDC writes that 9% of breast cancer diagnosis are under the age of 45 years old. The younger a woman is diagnosed typically the more aggressive it is. Early detection is so important. As long as women are given these facts then they can make their own decisions. It would really be bad if insurance companies use these recommendations in order to deny payment for mammograms for women in their forties.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm

Cute that you think you know me and my doctor well enough to make such an assessment.

And by cute, I mean annoying. SMFH
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your new doctor, Anon #3, might want to look at the new medical journals to see that annual mammograms are up for discussion among her profession lately. There's a lot of false positives that come out of them that result in unnecessary treatment. Your new doctor really should inform herself better! ;)
They don’t diagnose anyone with a mammogram. But if they find something it needs to be investigated, biopsied . If you’re lucky it’s not positive. That’s better than letting a tumor grow unchecked.
What they're seeing is that mammograms aren't as effective as originally thought. There's a significant amount of false positives, resulting in women having surgery that isn't needed. This is especially true in women with dense tissue. Ultrasound is far more effective and can detect things much smaller if I recall correctly. We just need insurance companies to catch up with this.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never heard of an insurance company deny an ultrasound and simple slide/needle biopsy after a questionable mammo image. Then a consult with a surgeon to discuss findings ( even if negatives). Then a follow up mammo in 6 months , followed by a yearly one thereafter.

This is in Boston. You can opt to do the 3 year standard mammogram of course or the higher resolution one ( the name escapes me). How unfortunate if this is not the standard of care everywhere.
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:04 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your new doctor, Anon #3, might want to look at the new medical journals to see that annual mammograms are up for discussion among her profession lately. There's a lot of false positives that come out of them that result in unnecessary treatment. Your new doctor really should inform herself better! ;)
They don’t diagnose anyone with a mammogram. But if they find something it needs to be investigated, biopsied . If you’re lucky it’s not positive. That’s better than letting a tumor grow unchecked.
What they're seeing is that mammograms aren't as effective as originally thought. There's a significant amount of false positives, resulting in women having surgery that isn't needed. This is especially true in women with dense tissue. Ultrasound is far more effective and can detect things much smaller if I recall correctly. We just need insurance companies to catch up with this.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I trust men very little - so no.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would feel equally uncomfortable with a woman. It’s an uncomfortable situation in itself. And they didn’t even offer you a bathroom so your could remove your tampon and pad? When I had a cat scan they took me to a bathroom to take off my clothes and put on the hospital gown. I can’t imagine not allowing a woman privacy to remove a tampon and pad…
jas wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:36 am I wouldn't have an issue with it. They are doing a JOB. To think anything else, is kinda perverted.
You have no issue going into an exam room alone with a man, pulling out a tampon, taking off your bloody pad, laying on a sheet while he inserts a wand and explores your vaginal canal for 20 minutes, hands you wipes to clean up your area? Cool. Call me crazy I would not feel comfortable with that. A woman tech can relate to the issues I was having and kept reassuring me the whole time and made me feel at ease. It has nothing to do with perversion but more of comfort and reassurance. But hey I guess you are so evolved lol.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes, there was an attached bathroom. But with the heavy clots I had to leave the tampon in until I got positioned on the table and in the stir ups. I then removed it while the lady held the garbage can for me. And then when she was done I had to wipe there on the table. There was just too much blood for me to hop down. I don't know how any woman would rather not have a woman in there with her for comfort while all this was going on than a man. But whatever.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm I would feel equally uncomfortable with a woman. It’s an uncomfortable situation in itself. And they didn’t even offer you a bathroom so your could remove your tampon and pad? When I had a cat scan they took me to a bathroom to take off my clothes and put on the hospital gown. I can’t imagine not allowing a woman privacy to remove a tampon and pad…
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’ve had male OB/GYNs before. They’ve done Pap smears and checked my breasts. Not that big of a deal to me. They’re trained medical professionals…
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because he’s not just any man. He’s a trained professional. If he’s behaving professionally, then I would feel the same level of comfort.
Having to go through medical examinations, especially when their involve having to be exposed like that are always uncomfortable. I feel less uncomfortable when the person is acting in a professional and respectful manner, regardless of their gender.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:57 pm Yes, there was an attached bathroom. But with the heavy clots I had to leave the tampon in until I got positioned on the table and in the stir ups. I then removed it while the lady held the garbage can for me. And then when she was done I had to wipe there on the table. There was just too much blood for me to hop down. I don't know how any woman would rather not have a woman in there with her for comfort while all this was going on than a man. But whatever.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm I would feel equally uncomfortable with a woman. It’s an uncomfortable situation in itself. And they didn’t even offer you a bathroom so your could remove your tampon and pad? When I had a cat scan they took me to a bathroom to take off my clothes and put on the hospital gown. I can’t imagine not allowing a woman privacy to remove a tampon and pad…

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic