I typically dislike Desantis… but wow at this new suggestion. WDYT?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:25 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:13 pm

I understand guns is a touchy subject, so I know you’re not excusing abuse towards a child and I don’t think you’re that type of person who would.

But it’s not non-chalant, it’s actually the opposite. Sexual abuse towards a child is extreme and justifies an extreme reaction.
Yeah but I wouldn't necessarily advocate random people volunteering to "pull the trigger". And I'd still be wary about legalizing the death penalty for sexual abuse of a child in Republican led states that want to ban abortion and access to contraceptives because depending on how the law is written a miscarriage could then be considered "inhumane abuse of a child" and you're carting an innocent woman off to jail and executing her for spontaneous abortion or an ectopic pregnancy that was non viable. Florida already bans abortion after 15 weeks with NO exception in cases of rape incest or human trafficking. And they are introducing legislation to punish healthcare providers for performing abortions....slippery slope and it really depends on terminology.

In short I really don't trust Republicans and ESPECIALLY not DeSantis...

But as for punishing proven child rapists......The death penalty is too kind.
My comment was in response to the jab that was thrown at people who would shoot a child rapist.

I don’t like DeSantis, I disagree with death penalty, I have never owned a gun and I am fully aware of how batshit crazy some of these southern republicans are.

But I’m not gonna judge someone for simply saying they would shoot a child rapist because a lot of people would make that exception, including me.

Not saying this should become law, but I can understand the anger that would definitely push me to that point.
Oh it was definitely a jab but solely for Carpy and not others. As she has expressed in post after post that she is against stricter gun control measures because it would hurt her business and has a rather lax attitude in regard to mass shootings from schools to concerts etc because any talk of gun control would affect her livelihood. So it wasn't at all surprising to me that she'd volunteer to pull the trigger on a child rapist, or frankly anyone she dislikes and thinks is a "criminal" , so long as she could get away with it.

Was it a cheap shot? Absolutely.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 am

I understand guns is a touchy subject, so I know you’re not excusing abuse towards a child and I don’t think you’re that type of person who would.

But it’s not non-chalant, it’s actually the opposite. Sexual abuse towards a child is extreme and justifies an extreme reaction.
Yeah but I wouldn't necessarily advocate random people volunteering to "pull the trigger". And I'd still be wary about legalizing the death penalty for sexual abuse of a child in Republican led states that want to ban abortion and access to contraceptives because depending on how the law is written a miscarriage could then be considered "inhumane abuse of a child" and you're carting an innocent woman off to jail and executing her for spontaneous abortion or an ectopic pregnancy that was non viable. Florida already bans abortion after 15 weeks with NO exception in cases of rape incest or human trafficking. And they are introducing legislation to punish healthcare providers for performing abortions....slippery slope and it really depends on terminology.

Because I've just got so many random murders under my belt. Your comment to me was nothing short of ignorant. I spent ten years on that Frontline. It isn't pleasant.
I wouldn't be shocked to learn that legality was the only thing from preventing you from pulling a trigger on anyone... you tend to be rather vocal about your support for wild west vigilante style justice..even when children are the victims.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:31 pm

My comment was in response to the jab that was thrown at people who would shoot a child rapist.

I don’t like DeSantis, I disagree with death penalty, I have never owned a gun and I am fully aware of how batshit crazy some of these southern republicans are.

But I’m not gonna judge someone for simply saying they would shoot a child rapist because a lot of people would make that exception, including me.

Not saying this should become law, but I can understand the anger that would definitely push me to that point.
Oh it was definitely a jab but solely for Carpy and not others. As she has expressed in post after post that she is against stricter gun control measures because it would hurt her business and has a rather lax attitude in regard to mass shootings from schools to concerts etc because any talk of gun control would affect her livelihood. So it wasn't at all surprising to me that she'd volunteer to pull the trigger on a child rapist, or frankly anyone she dislikes and thinks is a "criminal" , so long as she could get away with it.

You are full of more shit than a Christmas turkey.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you ever wonder why I don't come on here much, look no further than the level of hate from the bacon queen.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:16 pm

Do you typically stuff your Christmas turkey with shit? I prefer bread crumbs, some onion, celery, and cranberries myself but to each their own I suppose.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This would be a lot more convincing as concern for children if Gov. D S was not calling practically everyone a "groomer" and making the word almost meaningless. When you choose to use the very real problem of child exploitation as a political power grab, then I no longer believe you are acting on behalf of children's welfare.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:02 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:18 pm
Carpy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:54 pm I'll pull the trigger
We already knew you don't have an issue with gun violence
We also already know you have no issue with being a fool.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What about child abuse homicide? These children typically suffer horrible abuse before their injuries finally kill them. Autopsies find broken bones untreated, bruises all over, burns, internal bleeding. These should be life sentences but some sentences are ridiculously short.

Women get out after 5 years and start having more babies. And how many times is it the boyfriend and the mother claims ignorance.

I hope they give equal attention to this.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:16 pm

A goose...as full of shit as a Christmas goose. Got to make foie gras to stuff it ;-)
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:21 pm

If you ever wonder why I don't come on here much, look no further than the level of hate from the bacon queen.
Sorry y’all, I just got back online.

Yeah, I tell Bacon when I think she went too far and she is free to call me out too if my mouth gets too flip because I’m guilty of it too. But Bacon is also hella entertaining to talk to, even when we don’t agree. Lol!
Locked Previous topicNext topic