I typically dislike Desantis… but wow at this new suggestion. WDYT?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t agree with the death penalty.

However, I have no issue with putting convicted child rapists in gen pop.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:50 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:09 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:38 pm

A lot of people don’t have an issue with gun violence when it comes to sexually abusing a child.
Again, I was speaking in generally... I'll let you catch up.
The comment was directed at a particular person, so it wasn’t general and even if it was, my comment still applies.

A lot of people don’t take issue with gun violence when it comes to inhumane abuse towards a child.
Yeah, except when we get vigilantes with guns playing judge jury and executioner. I'm not saying abuse towards a child is excusable. it's not. But those kind of non-chalant comments of "I'll pull the trigger" and being okay with it leading to a slippery slope. First it's against those who commit inhumane abuse towards children, next it's against women who seek abortions.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:59 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:09 pm

Again, I was speaking in generally... I'll let you catch up.
The comment was directed at a particular person, so it wasn’t general and even if it was, my comment still applies.

A lot of people don’t take issue with gun violence when it comes to inhumane abuse towards a child.
Yeah, except when we get vigilantes with guns playing judge jury and executioner. I'm not saying abuse towards a child is excusable. it's not. But those kind of non-chalant comments of "I'll pull the trigger" and being okay with it leading to a slippery slope. First it's against those who commit inhumane abuse towards children, next it's against women who seek abortions.
I understand guns is a touchy subject, so I know you’re not excusing abuse towards a child and I don’t think you’re that type of person who would.

But it’s not non-chalant, it’s actually the opposite. Sexual abuse towards a child is extreme and justifies an extreme reaction.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:13 pm

I understand guns is a touchy subject, so I know you’re not excusing abuse towards a child and I don’t think you’re that type of person who would.

But it’s not non-chalant, it’s actually the opposite. Sexual abuse towards a child is extreme and justifies an extreme reaction.
Yeah but I wouldn't necessarily advocate random people volunteering to "pull the trigger". And I'd still be wary about legalizing the death penalty for sexual abuse of a child in Republican led states that want to ban abortion and access to contraceptives because depending on how the law is written a miscarriage could then be considered "inhumane abuse of a child" and you're carting an innocent woman off to jail and executing her for spontaneous abortion or an ectopic pregnancy that was non viable. Florida already bans abortion after 15 weeks with NO exception in cases of rape incest or human trafficking. And they are introducing legislation to punish healthcare providers for performing abortions....slippery slope and it really depends on terminology.

In short I really don't trust Republicans and ESPECIALLY not DeSantis...

But as for punishing proven child rapists......The death penalty is too kind.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:25 pm

Yeah but I wouldn't necessarily advocate random people volunteering to "pull the trigger". And I'd still be wary about legalizing the death penalty for sexual abuse of a child in Republican led states that want to ban abortion and access to contraceptives because depending on how the law is written a miscarriage could then be considered "inhumane abuse of a child" and you're carting an innocent woman off to jail and executing her for spontaneous abortion or an ectopic pregnancy that was non viable. Florida already bans abortion after 15 weeks with NO exception in cases of rape incest or human trafficking. And they are introducing legislation to punish healthcare providers for performing abortions....slippery slope and it really depends on terminology.

Because I've just got so many random murders under my belt. Your comment to me was nothing short of ignorant. I spent ten years on that Frontline. It isn't pleasant.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I agree with the sentiment behind it, but if there’s a chance it’d mean even one innocent person were put to death, it’s not worth it.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:44 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:38 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:18 pm

We already knew you don't have an issue with gun violence
A lot of people don’t have an issue with gun violence when it comes to sexually abusing a child.
I think a lot of people from both sides of death penalty debate cheered on Carl Lee in "A Time to Kill".
I’m typically against the death penalty and vigilante “justice”, but that book…just the heinousness of those men will definitely make you rethink that stance.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 am

Because I've just got so many random murders under my belt. Your comment to me was nothing short of ignorant. I spent ten years on that Frontline. It isn't pleasant.
I couldn't do that job. I just don't have the patience or the temperament.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The problem with the death penalty is an innocent person could be killed. Look at all the innocent people who spent decades in prison. Plus death is too quick. Gen pop will show that person karma.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My comment was in response to the jab that was thrown at people who would shoot a child rapist.

I don’t like DeSantis, I disagree with death penalty, I have never owned a gun and I am fully aware of how batshit crazy some of these southern republicans are.

But I’m not gonna judge someone for simply saying they would shoot a child rapist because a lot of people would make that exception, including me.

Not saying this should become law, but I can understand the anger that would definitely push me to that point.
Locked Previous topicNext topic