First Baptist Church members must now sign sexuality oath opposing LGBTQ freedoms

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If that’s the attitude they choose to have, again, that’s on them. We all have limitations to our “live and let live” ideas. The moment you end that sentence with a “as long as they….” and whatever you object to, you’re setting limits to your own live and let live attitude. It’s not absolute. Maybe their live and let live attitude is just more limited than yours.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:01 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:22 am But then, the other side shouldn’t try to legislate their views onto everyone else, either. It goes both ways. Either we ALL have the right to try to make legislation based on our views or we ALL don’t. But you can’t say that only those you agree with have the right and those you don’t like don’t.
I personally share your opinion on equal treatment myself, but that doesn’t mean that those who disagree shouldn’t have the right to vote and propose laws according to their views. In a democratic country, it’ll be up to the people to choose which view they side with.
Francee89 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:06 pm

What makes one way wrong and the other way right? In the option where they don’t force their religious views on everyone else, they can hold and live by whatever view they want personally, and anyone who doesn’t want to doesn’t have to. In the option where they do force their views on everyone else, gay people are treated unequally due to some stranger’s religious beliefs that they don’t share and have no interest in practicing. The middle of the road is them holding their views and practicing their faith without trying to legislate them onto everyone else.
Of course they have the right to try to legislate their beliefs, just like everyone else (I said try simply because some of the anti-gay legislation passed by people who share their views became law but were struck down by the courts as unconstitutional). This whole exchange stemmed from me simply saying that a common sentiment in this thread has been “I disagree, but they can practice whatever religion they want”, which is a live and let live attitude they don’t seem to share in respect to wanting to force their religion on everyone else.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:50 pm If that’s the attitude they choose to have, again, that’s on them. We all have limitations to our “live and let live” ideas. The moment you end that sentence with a “as long as they….” and whatever you object to, you’re setting limits to your own live and let live attitude. It’s not absolute. Maybe their live and let live attitude is just more limited than yours.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:01 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:22 am But then, the other side shouldn’t try to legislate their views onto everyone else, either. It goes both ways. Either we ALL have the right to try to make legislation based on our views or we ALL don’t. But you can’t say that only those you agree with have the right and those you don’t like don’t.
I personally share your opinion on equal treatment myself, but that doesn’t mean that those who disagree shouldn’t have the right to vote and propose laws according to their views. In a democratic country, it’ll be up to the people to choose which view they side with.

Of course they have the right to try to legislate their beliefs, just like everyone else (I said try simply because some of the anti-gay legislation passed by people who share their views became law but were struck down by the courts as unconstitutional). This whole exchange stemmed from me simply saying that a common sentiment in this thread has been “I disagree, but they can practice whatever religion they want”, which is a live and let live attitude they don’t seem to share in respect to wanting to force their religion on everyone else.
I’m not ending it with anything like that. I’m simply stating that they’re free to practice their religion and free attempt to force it one everyone else, and others are free to both quietly oppose and actively work against them doing that. Their live and let live attitude is obviously nonexistent though, if they actively fight for gay people to be treated equally by law because of their religious beliefs Ms
Locked Previous topicNext topic