European allies condemn Israel's plan to build more housing units in the West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"In a rare move, key European allies — France, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom — joined the U.S. on Tuesday in condemning Israel's plans to build 10,000 more housing units in existing settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Israel's right-wing government under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is also set to legalize nine smaller Jewish outposts on land the Palestinians want for a future state."

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/14/11568658 ... ettlements
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can see why. First of all territory in the West Bank is still highly disputed and secondly there are EXISTING settlements.....they'll have to "relocate" the people that are currently residing there and that almost certainly means by force.......this will only lead to an escalation in the dispute between Israel and Palestine.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Worse, Netanyahu wants to change the constitution to give more power to the government and less to the courts. Something dictators routinely do.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

The new Pogroms…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:34 am I can see why. First of all territory in the West Bank is still highly disputed and secondly there are EXISTING settlements.....they'll have to "relocate" the people that are currently residing there and that almost certainly means by force.......this will only lead to an escalation in the dispute between Israel and Palestine.
They will "relocate" them to a refugee camp in Syria or somewhere. Have you ever heard of Eretz Israel?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:57 am The new Pogroms…
Nope
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic