Mississippi sheriff says 6 dead in shootings at multiple locations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

A series of shootings in a Mississippi town on Friday left six people dead.

Tate County Sheriff Brad Lance told FOX 13 Memphis that six people were killed on Friday in the shootings, which happened around Coldwater.

Lance said the suspect, who isn't being identified, is in custody.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mississippi- ... ustody.amp
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So sad. I remember a man in Nova Scotia Canada a couple of years ago drove around the province and killed like 22 people. The next month Canada banned assault weapons. It won’t stop every mad man but they pretty much don’t have mass shootings much.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder if he is a "law abiding citizen".
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 am I wonder if he is a "law abiding citizen".
There are approximately 393 million legally owned firearms in the United States. If we were the problem, you'd know about it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:24 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 am I wonder if he is a "law abiding citizen".
There are approximately 393 million legally owned firearms in the United States. If we were the problem, you'd know about it.
https://wreg.com/news/local/6-dead-in-a ... stody/amp/

Here y’all go. :-)
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am
https://wreg.com/news/local/6-dead-in-a ... stody/amp/

Here y’all go. :-)
Awful.

“Guns and domestic violence are a lethal combination. Nearly half of all women murdered in the United States are killed by a current or former intimate partner, and more than half of these intimate partner homicides are by firearm.3,4 Women are five times more likely to be murdered by an abusive partner when the abuser has access to a gun.5,6

More than one in four homicides in the United States are related to domestic violence, and the use of firearms in domestic violence situations increases the risk that there will be multiple fatalities.7 Intimate partner homicide events often result in multiple victims, including the deaths of coworkers, friends, new dating partners of the victim, strangers, police officers, and children or family of the victim. Additionally, it is not uncommon for the perpetrator of the intimate partner homicide to die by suicide.8”

https://efsgv.org/learn/type-of-gun-vio ... -firearms/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A firearm is legally owned until said owner picks it up and does something illegal with it. I'm wondering if they're going to offer information about his past criminal history that might have prevented him from purchasing a gun.
306/232

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Men have been women’s greatest threat since the dawn of mankind.

Let’s not pretend this is the fault of the above timeline related - newly invented gun.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:20 pm Men have been women’s greatest threat since the dawn of mankind.

Let’s not pretend this is the fault of the above timeline related - newly invented gun.
Sounds like he was on a murderous rampage.
306/232

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:27 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:20 pm Men have been women’s greatest threat since the dawn of mankind.

Sounds like he was on a murderous rampage.
The guy in the post, yes. I was commenting on the above domestic violence statistics that insinuate the gun is the reason the murder took place. Method yes, reason, no.
The number one reason a woman is killed has been “men going into jealous rages” since forever.
Locked Previous topicNext topic