Conroe brewery pulls out as venue for Kyle Rittenhouse rally against censorship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"A Conroe brewery said Friday that it has canceled an upcoming “Rally Against Censorship” featuring Kyle Rittenhouse, who was famously acquitted of fatally shooting two people in Kenosha, Wisconsin, at a Black Lives Matter protest in 2020.

On Twitter, Southern Star Brewery, which had been listed as the event host said it “is an apolitical organization, but we feel that this event doesn’t reflect our own values and we could not in good faith continue to rent out space for the event. … We don’t do rallies, we make beer for people who like beer.”

The Jan. 26 event was also set to include a leader of TEXIT, a group that advocates for Texas to secede from the United States. The event organizer is Defiance Press, a Conroe-based publisher behind titles including “Corona-fascism” and a biography of Joe Arpraio, the former Maricopa County, Arizona, sheriff who refused a judge’s order to stop racial profiling by his department."

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01/13 ... ce=twitter
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lol comically ironic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rittenhouse was whining on Fox about it, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:20 pm Rittenhouse was whining on Fox about it, lol.
He whines a lot.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:32 am Southern Star Brewery:
"We don’t do rallies, we make beer for people who like beer.”
Mr Rittenhouse shared his criticism of the brewery on Twitter on Friday evening.

“It’s really disappointing to see that places continue to censor me and not allow my voice and many other voices to be heard because they bend to the woke crowd,” he wrote.

Rittenhouse, 20, later claimed that the brewery was "censoring a censorship rally," while sharing the popular conservative hashtag #gowokegobroke.

He also tweeted that he does not "support companies who don't support the first amendment," although the amendment does not concern the decisions of private companies.
(source)

A Texas brewery has called the influx of threats it has received “crazy” after it cancelled an event with Kyle Rittenhouse.

The Southern Star Brewery in Conroe, Texas was targeted after saying on Friday that a “rally against censorship” with Mr Rittenhouse would no longer be held there.

“It’s been kind of a shitstorm,” Southern Star Brewery CEO Dave Fougeron said in a Saturday morning interview. “But now I’m more certain than ever that I made the right decision.”

Fougeron also said that he was not aware until a few days ago that the event’s “special guest” was Rittenhouse. And he disputed claims – including those from Rittenhouse and others – that the cancellation came after pressure from a “woke mob” or distributors such as H-E-B.
https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01/14 ... ttenhouse/
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why do people confuse private business choices with freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech refers to the Government not curtailing your speech - not the private sector.

Rittenhouse is clearly able to speak freely, and does so, and has many venues which give his a platform. This private business is not obligated to provide him space if they don't want to or don't feel it aligns with their business needs.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Because America has redefined discrimination as the utilization of free speech…

It is legal…
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 am Why do people confuse private business choices with freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech refers to the Government not curtailing your speech - not the private sector.

Rittenhouse is clearly able to speak freely, and does so, and has many venues which give his a platform. This private business is not obligated to provide him space if they don't want to or don't feel it aligns with their business needs.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 am Because America has redefined discrimination as the utilization of free speech…

It is legal…
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 am Why do people confuse private business choices with freedom of speech?

I don't think I understand your comment.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I suppose we’re fully realizing what rights we have…

When I was younger, discrimination was not legal, as far as I knew. I thought if you ran a business, you needed to treat people equally…

Then I grew up and realized you can discriminate against people. It was only race and S*x that mattered. Everything else was fair game…

You can discriminate against them for who they want to marry, you can discriminate against them for what gender they choose to live, you can discriminate against them for their beliefs, you can discriminate against them for their politics… thousands of things really.

And that’s part of the free speech rights of whoever wants to discriminate against you…
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:46 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 am Because America has redefined discrimination as the utilization of free speech…

It is legal…

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 am I suppose we’re fully realizing what rights we have…

When I was younger, discrimination was not legal, as far as I knew. I thought if you ran a business, you needed to treat people equally…

Then I grew up and realized you can discriminate against people. It was only race and S*x that mattered. Everything else was fair game…

You can discriminate against them for who they want to marry, you can discriminate against them for what gender they choose to live, you can discriminate against them for their beliefs, you can discriminate against them for their politics… thousands of things really.

And that’s part of the free speech rights of whoever wants to discriminate against you…
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:46 am

It is legal…
The business serves beer. Mr. Rittenhouse is able to go in and purchase beer the same as anyone else. I don't see the discrimination.

If the business does not want a political event held there, they can choose not to host it. They are not a political event venue.
Locked Previous topicNext topic