Conroe brewery pulls out as venue for Kyle Rittenhouse rally against censorship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Good. I can not stand that bad ass kid.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:57 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 am I suppose we’re fully realizing what rights we have…

When I was younger, discrimination was not legal, as far as I knew. I thought if you ran a business, you needed to treat people equally…

Then I grew up and realized you can discriminate against people. It was only race and S*x that mattered. Everything else was fair game…

You can discriminate against them for who they want to marry, you can discriminate against them for what gender they choose to live, you can discriminate against them for their beliefs, you can discriminate against them for their politics… thousands of things really.

And that’s part of the free speech rights of whoever wants to discriminate against you…
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:46 am

I don't think I understand your comment.
The business serves beer. Mr. Rittenhouse is able to go in and purchase beer the same as anyone else. I don't see the discrimination.

If the business does not want a political event held there, they can choose not to host it. They are not a political event venue.
The business is a venue… they choose who is allowed to rent or not based on their political views.

If the business is a bakery, they can choose who to bake a cake for based on what kind of wedding it is…

If the business is a bar, they can deny party rooms to a gender coming out party…

That’s what discrimination is. I’m not denying that it’s fully legal… it is. But it definitely makes the person being denied the service feel discriminated against.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:08 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 am I suppose we’re fully realizing what rights we have…

When I was younger, discrimination was not legal, as far as I knew. I thought if you ran a business, you needed to treat people equally…

Then I grew up and realized you can discriminate against people. It was only race and S*x that mattered. Everything else was fair game…

You can discriminate against them for who they want to marry, you can discriminate against them for what gender they choose to live, you can discriminate against them for their beliefs, you can discriminate against them for their politics… thousands of things really.

And that’s part of the free speech rights of whoever wants to discriminate against you…
The business serves beer. Mr. Rittenhouse is able to go in and purchase beer the same as anyone else. I don't see the discrimination.

If the business does not want a political event held there, they can choose not to host it. They are not a political event venue.
The business is a venue… they choose who is allowed to rent or not based on their political views.

If the business is a bakery, they can choose who to bake a cake for based on what kind of wedding it is…

If the business is a bar, they can deny party rooms to a gender coming out party…

That’s what discrimination is. I’m not denying that it’s fully legal… it is. But it definitely makes the person being denied the service feel discriminated against.
Do you have proof of this? What other rallies or political events have been held at this location?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Discrimination is far more systemic, even codified. Someone's individual hurt feelings does not count.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:18 am

Discrimination is far more systemic, even codified. Someone's individual hurt feelings does not count.
Why can’t discrimination be a singular event?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:24 am

Discrimination, as a definition, affects groups of people as a whole. It's a systematic denying of rights. Rittenhouse is one person and does not have the right to hold a rally at that specific location. They are not obligated, legally, to provide him a platform. It might be preferential treatment, or a personal bias, but it is not, as a whole, discrimination.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:29 am

Discrimination, as a definition, affects groups of people as a whole. It's a systematic denying of rights. Rittenhouse is one person and does not have the right to hold a rally at that specific location. They are not obligated, legally, to provide him a platform. It might be preferential treatment, or a personal bias, but it is not, as a whole, discrimination.
This was based on political beliefs, which encompass certain categories of people.

Granted… in no way am I saying this was illegal. I’m acknowledging that it is fully legal… but it’s a method of discrimination that America has deemed to be ok. As is gender discrimination, marriage discrimination, medical choice discrimination … they’re all allowed.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:36 am

This was based on political beliefs, which encompass certain categories of people.

Granted… in no way am I saying this was illegal. I’m acknowledging that it is fully legal… but it’s a method of discrimination that America has deemed to be ok. As is gender discrimination, marriage discrimination, medical choice discrimination … they’re all allowed.
I suppose you'd have to show me that this was due to conservative beliefs in general and not just this specific repellant little twerp for me to agree with you.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:46 am

I don't think I understand your comment.

Then they shouldn't have agreed to host the event in the first place if that was actually the case, that they didn't want a "political event" there. But that isn't what happened.

They're discriminating against him specifically. They pulled out after they found out he was the special guest. The event was already booked before then. That negates your excuse for them.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:40 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:36 am

I suppose you'd have to show me that this was due to conservative beliefs in general and not just this specific repellant little twerp for me to agree with you.
It really seems to infuriate you when anyone has the nerve to protect themselves. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic