Conroe brewery pulls out as venue for Kyle Rittenhouse rally against censorship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:29 pm
Francee89 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:12 pm

Endorsements are short term contracts, he wasn’t entitled to a resigning to begin with .

OJ still has private parties at restaurants.
Does he? Do we know that he’s never turned down for private parties at restaurants? And to make it more analogous to this, does he headline events at restaurants?

He wasn’t entitled to a re-signing, but the fact that he appears to have never re-signed or attracted a new major endorsement deals is evidence companies were “discriminating” against his services as a spokesperson post acquittal.
Did he ask for endorsement deals back?
According to this 1995 Vanity Fair article, OJ had no idea he was as despised as he was upon his acquittal. It doesn’t explicitly outline what endorsement requests on his part there were, but “Simpson’s much-heralded pay-per-view TV deal collapsed, and along with it the $20 million he had assumed he would make. ICM, the talent agency that had represented him for 20 years, and Jack Gilardi, his personal agent, dropped him as a client”, after which he “was looking into suing the National Organization for Women (NOW) on the grounds that it was depriving him of his right to earn a living”, so it seems likely that he would have tried to reprise his only post-NFL retirement income source.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1995/12/dunne199512
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sure lack of privilege and lack of special treatment looks like discrimination to idiots like Rottenhouse who make their living off taking advantage of others. However it is not discrimination and he is not being censored just because a venue has decided their business cannot afford the bad publicity associated with Rottenhouse. He still has the right to speak freely. Other people are also free to tell him they're tired of his shit and to f**k off. He's whining because he's being told "no" for the first time in his life
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Here's my take:
Actions have consequences. He might have been found not guilty, however he still killed two people. He did the action and he is not free from consequences in his life..just like anyone else that participated in the storming of the Capitol, the riots, etc..if you perform an action, you pay the consequences ( good or bad) later in life.
His consquence is that people don't want to associate their business with him. It is not discrimination, it is a business deciding if they want the fall out later of having a political rally at their establishment. The same could be said for a business declining to have a pastor speak at their establishment..or a pro-life activist...or a women's rights activist. They do not have to agree to host anyone at their place of business. They are able to decline without any issue. People can boycott them if they disagree. It's the circle of business IMO.. His supporters might boycott the brewery, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people that will go there because the owner decided not to host him.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Kyle is having a no good, terrible week.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/01/17/ev ... cials-say/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:03 pm Kyle is having a no good, terrible week.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/01/17/ev ... cials-say/
The photo on that flyer makes him look like Howdy Doody, LOL.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:44 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:08 am
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:57 am

The business serves beer. Mr. Rittenhouse is able to go in and purchase beer the same as anyone else. I don't see the discrimination.

If the business does not want a political event held there, they can choose not to host it. They are not a political event venue.
The business is a venue… they choose who is allowed to rent or not based on their political views.

If the business is a bakery, they can choose who to bake a cake for based on what kind of wedding it is…

If the business is a bar, they can deny party rooms to a gender coming out party…

That’s what discrimination is. I’m not denying that it’s fully legal… it is. But it definitely makes the person being denied the service feel discriminated against.
I think Rittenhouse was turned down because Texans didn’t want to be bothered with his drama and the chaos isn’t good for business.

I personally think it’s horrible to feel entitled to put a business in that position to begin with.
Would you say that about any protected classes of people,
Or does this sentiment only apply to non protected classes who want to rent a space that everyone else is allowed to rent?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:51 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:33 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:26 pm https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01/14 ... ttenhouse/

Just adding to this….

It was local customers asked the owner to cancel and that speaks volumes considering this is a very conservative state, so it’s not just the anti-gun left who finds this kid to be a piece of shit.
And in the same area 20 years ago they used to discriminate against Muslims for being possible terrorists… it was allowed.

In the same area 80 years ago they used to discriminate against anyone non white for being a possible danger… it was allowed

We make discrimination laws because it’s unethical to allow, not because the people in the area have a problem with the discrimination. Most of the time the people will defend the discrimination tooth and nail…
A restaurant refusing to allow a customer to troll on their time is not comparable.

You just can’t go in someone’s business doing whatever the tell you want and expect the restaurant to suffer the consequences.

It’s not discrimination to kick someone out because they are an asshole or an agent of chaos.

It’s not illegal because you (general) have no right to do that to a business or their customers.
He didn’t do any of that to this business…

If businesses are allowed to ban “agents of chaos” can a business be ethical in putting up a sign denying service to all Black Lives Matter members?

If business are allowed to kick people out because they don’t like their beliefs, can they kick out transgender people for bringing “drama” ( assumed drama that would occur, not actual drama)into their store?

If business are allowed to discriminate against anyone who isn't a protected class, should they be ethically allowed to treat them as badly as those we created anti discrimination laws for?

If it turns out that republicans didn’t actually give a shit about this kid… but they could use him to usher back in an age of discrimination being legal… do you think they would?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:08 am

The business is a venue… they choose who is allowed to rent or not based on their political views.

If the business is a bakery, they can choose who to bake a cake for based on what kind of wedding it is…

If the business is a bar, they can deny party rooms to a gender coming out party…

That’s what discrimination is. I’m not denying that it’s fully legal… it is. But it definitely makes the person being denied the service feel discriminated against.
I think Rittenhouse was turned down because Texans didn’t want to be bothered with his drama and the chaos isn’t good for business.

I personally think it’s horrible to feel entitled to put a business in that position to begin with.
Or does this sentiment only apply to non protected classes who want to rent a space that everyone else is allowed to rent?
Hell, I am protected class. Lol It’s a difference between not doing business with me because I’m a minority and not doing business with me because I’m an obnoxious asshole or a PR shit show waiting to happen.

That has nothing to do with my race and everything to do with my behavior.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:14 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:51 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:33 pm

And in the same area 20 years ago they used to discriminate against Muslims for being possible terrorists… it was allowed.

In the same area 80 years ago they used to discriminate against anyone non white for being a possible danger… it was allowed

We make discrimination laws because it’s unethical to allow, not because the people in the area have a problem with the discrimination. Most of the time the people will defend the discrimination tooth and nail…
A restaurant refusing to allow a customer to troll on their time is not comparable.

You just can’t go in someone’s business doing whatever the tell you want and expect the restaurant to suffer the consequences.

It’s not discrimination to kick someone out because they are an asshole or an agent of chaos.

It’s not illegal because you (general) have no right to do that to a business or their customers.
He didn’t do any of that to this business…

If businesses are allowed to ban “agents of chaos” can a business be ethical in putting up a sign denying service to all Black Lives Matter members?

If business are allowed to kick people out because they don’t like their beliefs, can they kick out transgender people for bringing “drama” ( assumed drama that would occur, not actual drama)into their store?

If business are allowed to discriminate against anyone who isn't a protected class, should they be ethically allowed to treat them as badly as those we created anti discrimination laws for?

If it turns out that republicans didn’t actually give a shit about this kid… but they could use him to usher back in an age of discrimination being legal… do you think they would?
Sounds like the business didn’t give him a change to because he couldn’t have the event there.

Why would I feel differently about BLM? If a business doesn’t want BLM hosting a “defund the police” rally or whatever because of all the controversy, they have that right.

I think you’re looking at it like he is being discriminated against because his political views and I don’t think that is it. Texas is still very conservative and I have seen far left groups in Dallas get push back as well because of their extremism.

This is definitely not a far left “woke mob” state.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:59 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm

Hell, I am protected class. Lol It’s a difference between not doing business with me because I’m a minority and not doing business with me because I’m an obnoxious asshole or a PR shit show waiting to happen.

That has nothing to do with my race and everything to do with my behavior.
This also has to do with my children because being gay and nonbinary is not a protected class therefore discrimination is fully legal against them and I have to explain to them why that is...

Its an actual conversation I had to have last week with them.

I get it... Its about " behavior" disapproval, not hate...Love the person hate the behavior and all that...but its also about allowing discrimination.

Either we are against discrimination or we approve of it with pride...
Locked Previous topicNext topic