Biden classified documents discovered

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 am

Let me dumb it down for you again....

National archives did not know of Biden documents. They were found and turned over IMMEDIATELY upon discovery. NA said "hey do us a favor and conduct a review and search for any additional documents" and Biden said "we'll get right on that" and turned over IMMEDIATELY any additional documents found......total documents are less than 20 classified from all locations, NONE marked secret or top secret,

This would be like going shopping for groceries and as you load up your car you find a package of taco seasoning you forgot to scan so you return immediately to pay for it.

National archives knew records were missing with Trump and asked they be turned over. Trump said "No they're mine I declassified tem with my magical pea brain" and stalled. He also had over 11000 classified documents. Including top secret and secret documents.

This is like going in to go shopping, filling 2 carts full and just walking out and not paying for them and then claiming you're allowed because you know the manager.

If you don't understand the difference between these scenarios it's because you are either willfully ignorant or have an IQ of 12.
Hey Big 12 - Only Presidents can declassify documents. Vice president's can NOT. That's the ONLY difference that's pertinent here. One thing is legal and the other is illegal.

Not even going to get into the difference of declassified documents being stored in a locked room inside of a home that has security and STILL classified documents being stored in a garage like a rusted screwdriver. Note the open accessibility when the garage door is up?

It must be rough for you to go through life with an IQ of 12. Maybe you can find someone to help explain all of this to you.
At least the corvette was safely locked up!
A vintage corvette that gets 6 MPG drinking premium leaded fuel for the climate czar that won’t let us have gas stoves.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:19 pm

A vintage corvette that gets 6 MPG drinking premium leaded fuel for the climate czar that won’t let us have gas stoves.
Did someone remove your stove?

Why are folks so worked up about getting information on factors that increase asthma symptoms and may help protect their children? Would you prefer not to know this might harm your children?

https://news.yahoo.com/gas-stoves-have- ... p_catchall
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a Thursday afternoon press conference lawyers had finished searching for classified documents after some were found in President Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, garage.

But the search actually continued that evening when more classified documents were found.

Classified documents were also found at Biden's private office at the Penn Biden Center in November.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:19 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Hey Big 12 - Only Presidents can declassify documents. Vice president's can NOT. That's the ONLY difference that's pertinent here. One thing is legal and the other is illegal.

Not even going to get into the difference of declassified documents being stored in a locked room inside of a home that has security and STILL classified documents being stored in a garage like a rusted screwdriver. Note the open accessibility when the garage door is up?

It must be rough for you to go through life with an IQ of 12. Maybe you can find someone to help explain all of this to you.
At least the corvette was safely locked up!
Fox didn't explain that to it's viewers, did it, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:29 pm White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a Thursday afternoon press conference lawyers had finished searching for classified documents after some were found in President Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, garage.

But the search actually continued that evening when more classified documents were found.

Classified documents were also found at Biden's private office at the Penn Biden Center in November.
Yes, documents have been reported to be found November 2, December 20, and Wednesday and Thursday last week. Documents that according to Biden he didn’t know he had and he doesn’t know what is in them, and his lawyers have told him not to ask.

So if he didn’t know he had these documents in various places in an office and his house for 6 years, how do we know they were secured and who had access to them?

Best line on the internet today….the WH press secretary’s mantra is going to change from “the president takes classified documents very seriously” to “the president takes classified documents.”
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:52 pm I don't expect you to read or have the comprehension to understand but VP DOES have power to declassify some documents

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/us/p ... ndled.html

Can vice presidents declassify information?
Yes. Vice presidents have been deemed “original classification authorities” since March 2003, when President George W. Bush altered the executive order then governing the secrecy system to bestow that power on Vice President Dick Cheney. The current version of that order retained that arrangement.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... nformation

Sec. 1.3.

Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by:

(1) the President and, in the performance of executive duties, the Vice President;

(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President in the Federal Register; and

(3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.

In short he can declassify documents if he was the one who classified them.

However, we are not discussing whether Biden declassified the documents. Biden himself already stated he did not and I already stated Biden shouldn't have had the documents. That's not what is being discussed. We are discussing how Biden followed protocol in returning the documents and thus the ENTIRE SITUATION differs from Trump and his classified documents case.

National archives did not know of Biden documents. They were found and turned over IMMEDIATELY upon discovery. NA said "hey do us a favor and conduct a review and search for any additional documents" and Biden said "we'll get right on that" and turned over IMMEDIATELY any additional documents found......total documents are less than 20 classified from all locations, NONE marked secret or top secret,

This would be like going shopping for groceries and as you load up your car you find a package of taco seasoning you forgot to scan so you return immediately to pay for it.

National archives knew records were missing with Trump and asked they be turned over. Trump said "No they're mine I declassified tem with my magical pea brain" and stalled. He also had over 11000 classified documents. Including top secret and secret documents.

This is like going in to go shopping, filling 2 carts full and just walking out and not paying for them and then claiming you're allowed because you know the manager.

If you don't understand the difference between these scenarios it's because you are either willfully ignorant or have an IQ of 12.

The part highlighted is about the authority TO CLASSIFY, not TO DECLASSIFY.

Hell, he’s still admitting he didn’t know he had them for the last 6 years. And they are still finding them.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:05 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:52 pm I don't expect you to read or have the comprehension to understand but VP DOES have power to declassify some documents

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/us/p ... ndled.html

Can vice presidents declassify information?
Yes. Vice presidents have been deemed “original classification authorities” since March 2003, when President George W. Bush altered the executive order then governing the secrecy system to bestow that power on Vice President Dick Cheney. The current version of that order retained that arrangement.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... nformation

Sec. 1.3.

Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by:

(1) the President and, in the performance of executive duties, the Vice President;

(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President in the Federal Register; and

(3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.

In short he can declassify documents if he was the one who classified them.

However, we are not discussing whether Biden declassified the documents. Biden himself already stated he did not and I already stated Biden shouldn't have had the documents. That's not what is being discussed. We are discussing how Biden followed protocol in returning the documents and thus the ENTIRE SITUATION differs from Trump and his classified documents case.

The part highlighted is about the authority TO CLASSIFY, not TO DECLASSIFY.

Hell, he’s still admitting he didn’t know he had them for the last 6 years. And they are still finding them.
This article covers that same Bush-era Executive Order, and explains that: “Declassification authority is defined in Section 6.1(l) of E.O. 13292. It is granted to: “(1) the official who authorized the original classification…; (2) the originator’s current successor in function; (3) a supervisory official of either; or (4) officials delegated declassification authority in writing by the agency head or the senior agency official.”” https://fas.org/blogs/secrecy/2006/02/t ... eclassifi/

That’s not really applicable here either way, as no one is arguing Biden declassified anything - just noting that the VP does have some declassifying authority in certain circumstances. In Trump’s case, he made the claim that he did, but there’s no proof that was the case, his lawyers haven’t argued that in court, they proposed a Special Master for document review who has a top level security clearance (why would that be necessary if they believed the documents were declassified?), and per the 11th Circuit Court of Appeal:
The court wrote that there was “no evidence that any of these records were declassified” and took note of the fact that, when Mr. Trump’s lawyers appeared before Judge Dearie this week, they too “resisted providing any evidence that he had declassified any of these documents.”

The appellate panel went on to declare that the declassification issue, which Mr. Trump has repeatedly thrust at the center of the case, was “a red herring” that would not have factored into its ruling even if it had been extensively argued before them. Even if Mr. Trump had in fact declassified the records, the judges wrote, he was still bound by federal law, including the Presidential Records Act, that required him to return all government documents, classified or unclassified, when he left office.

Declassifying an official document would not alone “render it personal” or turn it into a possession he could hold onto after leaving office, the court said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/22/us/p ... ation.html
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here’s the Republican head of the Oversight Committee stating that every recent President has accidentally taken classified documents. His gripe is that Trump’s home was raided over it, but the simple explanation there is that Trump appears to be the only President who repeatedly refused to give them back despite having over a year of the National Archives and DOJ working to do so before a search warrant became necessary. Biden’s lawyers are alerting the appropriate authorities and turning them over as they’re found.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:56 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:56 am
Lmao... Unsure of your position here?

You tend to get quite vulgar whenever you want to gloss over the meat of the thread...

But yeah... It doesn't matter which laws they broke, it only matters how they act once their crimes are found out...

Except Biden had them for 6 YEARS and according to him did NOT know he had them. Their existence surprised him. If he didn’t know he had them, how the hell does anyone know how they were kept, where they were kept and who had access to them.

Let’s add that they found some in November and some recently. They’ve been found in multiple locations and not necessarily securely stored. Hmmm, not too reassuring. I wonder how many more will be found.
Biden probably puts White House stuff in the same places. I don’t understand why they brought them home, especially Trump who was no longer a government employee.

Was this standard practice that they could take these home and read them?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:12 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:56 pm

Except Biden had them for 6 YEARS and according to him did NOT know he had them. Their existence surprised him. If he didn’t know he had them, how the hell does anyone know how they were kept, where they were kept and who had access to them.

Let’s add that they found some in November and some recently. They’ve been found in multiple locations and not necessarily securely stored. Hmmm, not too reassuring. I wonder how many more will be found.
Biden probably puts White House stuff in the same places. I don’t understand why they brought them home, especially Trump who was no longer a government employee.

Was this standard practice that they could take these home and read them?
At the time Biden was no longer a government employee either. He also didn’t have secret service as a former VP. At least there was some protection with Trump having the SS on the premises.

Locked Previous topicNext topic