Donald Trump dined with white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Former President Donald Trump hosted white nationalist and antisemite Nick Fuentes at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach on Tuesday night, according to multiple people familiar with the event.

Fuentes, who frequently posts racist content in addition to Holocaust revisionism, was brought as a guest of rapper Kanye West, who now goes by Ye.

In a post to his social media site, Trump confirmed the gathering.
“This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about. We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful. They then left for the airport.”

However eventful, the dinner reflects a remarkable moment in an extremely early 2024 campaign cycle: the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination breaking bread with a man who frequently posts racist content and Holocaust revisionism, brought there by a rapper who is launching his own presidential campaign under the shadow of his own antisemitic remarks.

“If it was any other party, breaking bread with Nick Fuentes would be instantly disqualifying for Trump,” said Democratic National Committee spokesperson Ammar Moussa. “The most extreme views have found a home in today’s MAGA Republican party.”

It underscores how few guardrails currently exist within the former president’s political operation, with few aides there to screen guests or advise against and manage such gatherings.

Indeed, after POLITICO first reported the sighting of Fuentes at Trump’s club, people in Trump’s orbit denied the former president met with Fuentes at all. Only later was it revealed that he not only met with Fuentes but dined with him.

Karen Giorno, a former Trump strategist who is also now working for West’s 2024 campaign, confirmed to POLITICO that she was also at the dinner with Trump, West and Fuentes.

Fuentes, who was present at the Charlottesville “Unite the Right” rally in 2017, has made a series of offensive and racist statements on his shows including that Trump was wrong to disavow white supremacy. He has been removed from YouTube and other social media sites. Trump’s dinner with Fuentes comes just one week after the former president announced he is seeking reelection, and soon after West publicly made a series of antisemitic comments that cost him millions in endorsement deals.

In a separate statement, Trump denied knowing who Fuentes was, stating that the “dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest whom I had never met and knew nothing about.” Both that statement and the Truth Social post did not include a denunciation of West’s or Fuentes’ recent comments.

West discussed the dinner in a video titled “Mar-a-lago debrief,” which he posted to Twitter. In it, he said that Trump was “impressed by Fuentes” because “unlike so many of the lawyers and so many people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign, he’s actually a loyalist.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/2 ... e-00070825
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never heard of him either.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:09 pm I've never heard of him either.
His followers are the Groypers. One was recently convicted in the assault on the Capitol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Assuming that’s true, it doesn’t seem particularly hard to either personally or have staff do a thirty second Google search on someone a known anti-Semite brings over before having dinner with him.

Again, that’s assuming the “I didn’t know!” thing it’s true - it seems to be a convenient excuse for right wing politicians caught associating with him.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"“To my friend Donald Trump, you are better than this,” David M. Friedman, who was Mr. Trump’s longtime bankruptcy lawyer and then his appointee as ambassador to Israel, wrote on Twitter. “Even a social visit from an antisemite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable. I urge you to throw those bums out, disavow them and relegate them to the dustbin of history where they belong.”

“This is just another example of an awful lack of judgment from Donald Trump, which, combined with his past poor judgments, make him an untenable general election candidate for the Republican Party in 2024,” said Chris Christie, a former governor of New Jersey who is considering a candidacy of his own."

I'm not buying that Trump didn't know who Fuentes was. That just doesn't seem plausible, considering his association with Greene and his presence at "stop the steal". . But let's pretend for a minute that he didn't:

“To my friend Donald Trump, you are better than this,” David M. Friedman, who was Mr. Trump’s longtime bankruptcy lawyer and then his appointee as ambassador to Israel, wrote on Twitter. “Even a social visit from an antisemite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable. I urge you to throw those bums out, disavow them and relegate them to the dustbin of history where they belong.”

“This is just another example of an awful lack of judgment from Donald Trump, which, combined with his past poor judgments, make him an untenable general election candidate for the Republican Party in 2024,” said Chris Christie, a former governor of New Jersey who is considering a candidacy of his own."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/25/us/p ... inner.html
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... anye-west/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... onference/

Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Paul A. Gosar of Arizona addressed the America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC) in Orlando. The event was organized by Nicholas Fuentes.
Fuentes, a white-nationalist activist, rose to prominence after attending the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville in 2017

There’s a couple of posts on here mentions him. He’s not just some obscure extremist.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If someone I had plans with showed up at my place for dinner with this guy, I'd have no idea who he was either.

I don't know what people expect to happen in this situation? Was Trump supposed to send this guy away? If Trump doesn't know who he is, why would he send the person away? He's being put on the spot here.

Amazing what passes for news these days.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:16 pm If someone I had plans with showed up at my place for dinner with this guy, I'd have no idea who he was either.

I don't know what people expect to happen in this situation? Was Trump supposed to send this guy away? If Trump doesn't know who he is, why would he send the person away? He's being put on the spot here.

Why would anyone be shocked that when they make plans with noted anti-Semite Kanye West, he might bring along someone similarly, if not more, disgusting? And if only Trump had a staff and security who could spend literal seconds on a public search engine to vet this person…

More amazing are the endless excuses for Trump his supporters come up with.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:23 am
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:16 pm If someone I had plans with showed up at my place for dinner with this guy, I'd have no idea who he was either.

Why would anyone be shocked that when they make plans with noted anti-Semite Kanye West, he might bring along someone similarly, if not more, disgusting? And if only Trump had a staff and security who could spend literal seconds on a public search engine to vet this person…

More amazing are the endless excuses for Trump his supporters come up with.
Why would someone be surprised that the Black guy showed up with the White supremacist?
Because that’s surprising…

Let’s not all act like Kanye West is all of the sudden predictable…
Locked Previous topicNext topic