Donald Trump dined with white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:58 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:38 am
Francee89 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Assuming that’s true, it doesn’t seem particularly hard to either personally or have staff do a thirty second Google search on someone a known anti-Semite brings over before having dinner with him.

Again, that’s assuming the “I didn’t know!” thing it’s true - it seems to be a convenient excuse for right wing politicians caught associating with him.

So you open the door to an invited guest, see he brought someone with him and tell them to wait outside while my staff googles you?
lol right, like Kanye rang the doorbell at Mar a Lago and Trump personally answered it, so caught off guard at the unexpected guest that his only choices were “leave them outside” or “personally usher them into the dining room”.

I wouldn’t invite a raging anti-Semite like Kanye West over in the first place, which really makes your question a moot point. I don’t run the risk of my invited guests being people who like to hang out with Holocaust denying neo-Nazis. Unlike certain former Presidents, apparently.
So you can’t actually answer my question. Okay.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:36 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:38 am

So you open the door to an invited guest, see he brought someone with him and tell them to wait outside while my staff googles you?
lol right, like Kanye rang the doorbell at Mar a Lago and Trump personally answered it, so caught off guard at the unexpected guest that his only choices were “leave them outside” or “personally usher them into the dining room”.

I wouldn’t invite a raging anti-Semite like Kanye West over in the first place, which really makes your question a moot point. I don’t run the risk of my invited guests being people who like to hang out with Holocaust denying neo-Nazis. Unlike certain former Presidents, apparently.
To spell it out clearly, of course I wouldn’t “open the door to an invited guest, see he brought someone with him and tell them to wait outside while my staff googles you”. Why not? Because I don’t have a staff.

My answer to your question addressed the fact that 1) there’s no way Trump didn’t have staff and security involved in several steps of this encounter (something most people don’t have at their private homes) and 2) that I don’t need to worry that any guest at my house has brought a neo-Nazi over, since I don’t make a habit of inviting anti-Semites over for dinner.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:22 pm

To spell it out clearly, of course I wouldn’t “open the door to an invited guest, see he brought someone with him and tell them to wait outside while my staff googles you”. Why not? Because I don’t have a staff.

My answer to your question addressed the fact that 1) there’s no way Trump didn’t have staff and security involved in several steps of this encounter (something most people don’t have at their private homes) and 2) that I don’t need to worry that any guest at my house has brought a neo-Nazi over, since I don’t make a habit of inviting anti-Semites over for dinner.
I don't know how the specifics work exactly, but don't former presidents get Secret Service details? And if someone showed up unexpectedly, even if they were with a scheduled appointment, wouldn't that require some sort of clearance? If that is all true, then either Fuentes was expected or Trump personally allowed him in. Not great.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The only thing more unbelievable than Trump's obvious lie about not knowing who Fuentes was, is the number of morons still trying to defend Trump. This is only the latest incident in a long line and history of Trump defending white supremacists and racists.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So you wouldn’t, but you expect someone else to. Mmkay.

Nice to know that you know the views of every single friend your friends have that they might have with them when they come to your house. I don’t think I know anyone who can say that. Impressive!

I don’t think Kanye let anyone know he was bringing someone with him which is rude, but hey shit happens.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Nice to know that you know the views of every single friend your friends have that they might have with them when they come to your house. I don’t think I know anyone who can say that. Impressive!

I don’t think Kanye let anyone know he was bringing someone with him which is rude, but hey shit happens.
How are any of the options as to how this happened good?

1). Trump knows who Nick Fuentes is and dined with him anyway.
2). An unscheduled guest showed up and Secret Service let him through without vetting him.
3). An unscheduled guest showed up and Trump directed Secret Service to let him through, which is as security breach unbefitting of someone who wants to hold State secrets once again.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL is that supposed to be some sort of attempt at a gotcha? I wouldn’t utilize the services of my non-existent staff and security (because I don’t have those things), but yes, I find it totally reasonable to expect that a person running for President, who is also physically in their place of business, who is about to have a meeting would have their staff and/or security spend under a few seconds Googling the dinner meeting’s participants.

I’m not friends with people who are unhinged anti-Semites (like Kanye), so I don’t need to worry about them bringing by known neo-Nazis (like Nick Fuentes). Perhaps you might, but I don’t find that fact particularly impressive.

Shit happens? Nope. Trump could have simply avoided accidentally having dinner with the anti-Semitic Nick Fuentes by not purposely inviting the anti-Semitic Kanye.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm

LOL is that supposed to be some sort of attempt at a gotcha? I wouldn’t utilize the services of my non-existent staff and security (because I don’t have those things), but yes, I find it totally reasonable to expect that a person running for President, who is also physically in their place of business, who is about to have a meeting would have their staff and/or security spend under a few seconds Googling the dinner meeting’s participants.

I’m not friends with people who are unhinged anti-Semites (like Kanye), so I don’t need to worry about them bringing by known neo-Nazis (like Nick Fuentes). Perhaps you might, but I don’t find that fact particularly impressive.

Shit happens? Nope. Trump could have simply avoided accidentally having dinner with the anti-Semitic Nick Fuentes by not purposely inviting the anti-Semitic Kanye.
Or he could have apologized after the fact?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm

No, I find it impressive that you know the views of every single friend of your friends. Your friends may not be unhinged, but every single other friend they have? 🤷‍♀️

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:01 pm

How are any of the options as to how this happened good?

1). Trump knows who Nick Fuentes is and dined with him anyway.
2). An unscheduled guest showed up and Secret Service let him through without vetting him.
3). An unscheduled guest showed up and Trump directed Secret Service to let him through, which is as security breach unbefitting of someone who wants to hold State secrets once again.
When did I say it was good?

He may have known who it was and his views, he may not have. I don’t know.

Locked Previous topicNext topic