The hardest people to shop for

Deleted User 2088

Unread post

Are grandparents, hands down. At least, grandparents who are self sufficient and have all they need. I literally can't think of anything to get my parents. They want for so little. All they want is our time and I'm going to give that to them anyway.

What do you get for your parents/grandparents for Christmas? Who do you think is the hardest to shop for?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Usually I get them whatever they ask for no matter how small I think it is. Or books. But they’re not the worse. At least they tell me stuff. My brother and niece are horrible. She is twelve, let her pierced ears heal closed so no earrings , and has wealthy grandparents (not us.) My brother isn’t a big help. I literally have no clue.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It's only my mom (she's 87) and she is hard to shop for. In the past, I've made a photo album on SmugMug chronicling the grandkids' year, given a chocolate advent calendar prior to Christmas, and given articles of clothing. This year we are giving the photo album and a Christmas stollen (her favorite), some scented candles, and a wine of the month subscription.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Grandparents are easy IMO. Get them anything grandkid or family related. Take a photo and get it put on a throw pillow, blanket, anything. They'll love it.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What are their interests? A museum pass? Tickets to a stage show? Tickets to a special event coming to their area?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I decided not to shop for my hardest people this year. I'm just tired of it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My grandparents on my dads side are very easy to shop for because they live on a fixed income and don’t buy the extras that they would want. My grandparents on my moms side live far away and we only see them once every couple of years so we always send them something sentimental from the kids, like a nice framed photo. My husbands step grandmother is much wealthier and we couldn’t afford anything that she would actually want, so we don’t bother buying her things like jewelry or clothes. We always get her some small gift that makes us think of her and then have the kids make her home made gifts. This year we got her an ornament for her tree and the kids are all making her a craft.
The hardest people used to be my in-laws, because we couldn’t afford anything they liked and they didn’t care about sentimental gifts, but they don’t talk to us anymore so problem solved.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My parents, mil and her SO are all easy to shop for. 🤷🏼‍♀️ everyone says I’m the hardest to shop for, I disagree😂.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For those who have most of their "needs" already met I gift more specialty items that can be used up or shared. Quality scented candles, specialty baking ingredients, hand-made soaps, unusual teas or chai mixes, flavored honey, aged balsamic vinegar, etc.

I also shop the museum gift shops when I travel and buy gifts like premium notecards, book marks, playing cards and calendars by favorite artists.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No one. We don't do presents in my family. Pretty sure BF want to exchange gifts but I don't want/need anything and would rather we just both save our money.
Locked Previous topicNext topic