how much does your electric bill run in the winter time

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Around $200 for winter and summer - includes water and septic.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What are you paying per kw hour? Are there different plans that may work better for you? Here we have two different plans - Time of use (prices vary depending on the time of day), and Tiered usage (prices vary depending on how much you use and the season). For us the best plan is Time of use it saves us about $7 a month. I cannot help with costs as we have a gas furnace
Look at energy update rebates that may be available to you. I know someone that received $5,000 rebate going from a electric furnace to a heat pump, plus they received another rebate for updating their insulation.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ours is lowest in the wintertime because we live in the southwest and we don't use our furnace at all. So in the winter our electric will be around $130 - $150 a month.

Now the summertime, that is brutal on our electric. We easily pay over $300/mo because we have to run the A/C 24/7.

A few years ago I looked at what we paid for electric for the entire year and then divided by 12 to get a monthly average. Our monthly average then was right at $200.

Electric runs everything in our household. We do not have gas at all.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When we had electric heat in our old house, it was $500 a month. If you're able, definitely insulate the attic. You can also keep the thermostat lower, and use blankets. This may not apply to your area, but in my area, the rate is much higher for prepaid plans. It could be worth it to you to pay the deposit with a company with a lower rate to get away from doing prepaid plans.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I live in a cardboard box, sorta, it’s an old ass house with poor insulation and we are all electric. My electric bill in the winter and summer can run about $250-$350. Normally spring and fall is much lower but lately Mother Nature keeps skipping those seasons so my bill is almost always on the high end.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ours was $251 last month. We are in GA. When the pool is running 12 hours a day in the summer, plus the a/c it is much higher. We just put in new windows as the house is 53 years old and that seems to be lowering our bill. We do not have natural gas anymore at this house. We have propane at this house.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We use gas in the winter, but in the summer, due to high ceilings & lots of windows my electric AC bill can run $500/month even with a new-ish air conditioner, so I would expect that if we were using electricity all year, that yes, my electric bill would be that much during the winter too.

I am sorry, everything is costing so much right now.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Like $56 a month give or take $10 depending on season. Summer tends to run a little higher. All electric.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mine drops in winter but I live in Florida. I’m also on this monthly budget plan so it’s always around 200 or so. It’s something FPL offers so people don’t die when it’s July and they see a 350 dollar electric bill lol. That seems high to me though. I’d get my unit checked out.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

We use a prepaid electric service through our electric company that we pay once a month when my husband gets his SSDI check.
"SRP M-Power prepaid price plan | SRP" https://www.srpnet.com/price-plans/resi ... ic/m-power

Right now, we're averaging about $4.25 a day. During the summer months, we average around $10-12 a day, depending
Locked Previous topicNext topic