how much does your electric bill run in the winter time

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:46 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:25 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 am We use a prepaid electric service through our electric company that we pay once a month when my husband gets his SSDI check.
"SRP M-Power prepaid price plan | SRP" https://www.srpnet.com/price-plans/resi ... ic/m-power

Right now, we're averaging about $4.25 a day. During the summer months, we average around $10-12 a day, depending.
Is your heat electric too? Curious because we do M-Power too and we are averaging about $2.13 a day but are on gas for water heater and furnace.
The entire house is electric, including the water heater, and we have central heating and cooling.

We do need more insulation up in the attic and duct work done throughout the house so I'm thinking that could be contributing.
It may be contributing some but that’s really not that bad of a per day average cost difference with all electric.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It can be as high as $250 when it gets really cold here. Hopefully that won't be the case this year since I covered the front door you can literally see outside around.
Its still not as bad as California summers. I fought so hard to keep our bill under $400 there. I didn't use the dryer, only ran the washing machine and dishwasher at night, the ac only ran at night, even the water heater turned off during the day. All the windows were covered and we never turned on the TV. Lights only went on when it was absolutely dark out and only in 1 room at a time. It was ridiculous! It was a small house too (under 1000 sq foot) and the electric company said it wasn't possible for us to use that much power but wouldn't do anything about it.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Around 80 a month in winter. 250 in summer. Gas bill in winter is 200 and 30 in summer. They swap depending on the season.
Locked Previous topicNext topic