3 weeks until Thanksgiving day feast!

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Get to your menu planning now!! :D

What dish(s) are you planning on making?
How many people are you serving?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

So glad we don't celebrate such a shitty holiday. I don't need one day to be thankful for my family and life. I won't even go into the deeper meaning of it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I will have ALL 4 of my kids here this year and that doesn't happen often! My oldest son lives far away but he's coming this year! I think I will have 10 people this year. I'm just making the usual suspects-turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, rolls, pies etc. Then my Mom and I will shop till we drop on black Friday!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We're going to see the grands like always in FL. I don't handle anything but the cranberry sauce and a dessert. My niece's boyfriend's mom owns a farm and is giving us a 38 lbs turkey! Yowza! My mom and MIL were shocked when they found out how big this bird is because it is going to take almost 10 hours to cook...no frying for us this year as it is too big for the pot.
This year will be interesting because my BIL has invited a pastor from Guatemala and his family to celebrate with us while they are in the States on vacation. We will have 17 this year with their family of 4 added. ;-)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tbh just thinking of going out this year.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Only going to be the three of us this year but we'll make the best of it!

I'm making turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn casserole, green beans, candied yams, and rolls.

Cherry Cheesecake and banana pudding for dessert.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I work as a cook at our local bar/restaurant and this year we are ‘closed’ but doing a free to the community Thanksgiving feast so I will be working which is fine by me and let’s me out of doing a family thing.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:30 pm So glad we don't celebrate such a shitty holiday. I don't need one day to be thankful for my family and life. I won't even go into the deeper meaning of it.
Hope your day gets better! 🤗
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We go camping for Thanksgiving and I'm excited! We will have a turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, Mac and cheese, bacon wrapped asparagus, Brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and apple pie. It makes packing the coolers interesting but we love it.
Its just the 4 of us.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

My menu is planned, half the shopping is done including the turkey, and only the perishables are left like produce, dairy, etc..

My husband and I are doing it all with the exception of my Mom bringing the Waldorf salad.

We're doing different appetizers for before and after the big meal. For dinner, it's turkey, a dressing casserole along with both greenbean casserole and sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Dessert will be several different pies and breads.

Our son and his girlfriend along with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend will be here. Oldest daughter and her boyfriend might be here unless they get a shift at their EAH. And my Mom is coming.

Cannot wait!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic