‘It’s on the tape’: Bob Woodward on Donald Trump’s ‘criminal behavior’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Re-listening to all 20 interviews, and finding it such a different experience from reading the transcripts or listening to snatches on TV or the internet, convinced Woodward to release the recordings – a first in his long career. Raw and unfiltered, this is one instance where Trump does not benefit from a reporter “tidying up” his quotations to make him sound more lucid and less repetitive than he actually is.

“To be frank, it’s very surprising and it’s a learning experience at age 79, having done this so many years, that there’s something about hearing the voice that gives it an authenticity and power,” Woodward says. “Especially Trump. He doesn’t ever hem and haw, he doesn’t go hmm. He just is right out of the box.”

Fifty years since the Watergate break-in, he sees a parallel with the secret White House recording system that caught Nixon.

“The Nixon tapes didn’t just come out as transcripts. They came out so you could hear it and this is a version of that. It’s the same problem of appalling criminal – I can’t use any other word for it – behaviour for a sitting president to look away.

“There’s a statement that Henry Kissinger once made: ‘What extraordinary vehicles destiny selects to accomplish its design’. I’m not sure destiny exists, but what an extraordinary vehicle.”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... rump-tapes
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The whole article lost me at tax cuts "costs".
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:12 am The whole article lost me at tax cuts "costs".
We'll see at sunset.

I'd like to listen to the tapes.
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

G-d love 'em! The liberals do keep trying! What a ridiculous lot.

Too bad they can't direct their never ending tenacity and commitment to stupidity toward something useful and positive.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 am G-d love 'em! The liberals do keep trying! What a ridiculous lot.

Too bad they can't direct their never ending tenacity and commitment to stupidity toward something useful and positive.
What does any of that have to do with the tapes?
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:12 am The whole article lost me at tax cuts "costs".
That cracked me up. I stopped reading. You mean the tax cuts where EVERYONE saw more money in their paychecks? Yes, that's a massive failure along with stable inflation and low gas prices.

Not to mention historic peace treaties and keeping our nation's two biggest enemies at bay. Don't even get me started on the energy independence!!!

He should hang his head. What an absolute shame as a president!

These people are such jokes. Yes Trump is deeply flawed as a person, but anyone sane with a grip on reality can't deny how much better things were under him.

I don't have to live with him, so I couldn't care less about his abhorrent personality or his mean Tweets. Whatever the flaws that they like to whine about, those flaws certainly worked in our favor with keeping Putin and KJU under wraps and trying to bring peace to the Middle East though.

Another liberal imbecile with an idiotic opinion. And this one is trying to sell his books with it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:12 am
That cracked me up. I stopped reading. You mean the tax cuts where EVERYONE saw more money in their paychecks? Yes, that's a massive failure along with stable inflation and low gas prices.

Not to mention historic peace treaties and keeping our nation's two biggest enemies at bay. Don't even get me started on the energy independence!!!

These people are such jokes. Yes Trump is deeply flawed as a person, but anyone sane with a grip on reality can't deny how much better things were under him.

I don't have to live with him, so I couldn't care less about his abhorrent personality or his mean Tweets. Whatever the flaws that they like to whine about, those flaws certainly worked in our favor with keeping Putin and KJU under wraps and trying to bring peace to the Middle East though.

Another liberal imbecile with an idiotic opinion. And this one is trying to sell his books with it.
Progressive imbecile.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 am

Progressive imbecile.
He is an excellent investigative journalist. Y'all are just too blind to Trump (either that or you're perfectly okay with his presidency as long as it suited your agenda).

"In these hours of Trump's recorded voice, we hear him striving to court Woodward's favor, praising him as "a great historian" and "the great Bob Woodward." Yet these interviews veer often into disagreements and even debates."

306/232

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:39 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 am

Progressive imbecile.
He is an excellent investigative journalist. Y'all are just too blind to Trump (either that or you're perfectly okay with his presidency as long as it suited your agenda).

"In these hours of Trump's recorded voice, we hear him striving to court Woodward's favor, praising him as "a great historian" and "the great Bob Woodward." Yet these interviews veer often into disagreements and even debates."

Disagreements and debates?? How awful.
Locked Previous topicNext topic