Assault cars

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There seems to be quite an uptick in cars being used as assault weapons. Someone plowed into an Apple store in Massachusetts. At least one dead and 14 injured, many critical.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 pm There seems to be quite an uptick in cars being used as assault weapons. Someone plowed into an Apple store in Massachusetts. At least one dead and 14 injured, many critical.
That was an accident. There would be no reason to think it was on purpose. The only unusual thing was he was at least 20 years younger than others who have had similar accidents.

An elderly woman once slammed through the brick wall of a restaurant. I had walked by about 30 minutes before it happened.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:59 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 pm There seems to be quite an uptick in cars being used as assault weapons. Someone plowed into an Apple store in Massachusetts. At least one dead and 14 injured, many critical.
That was an accident. There would be no reason to think it was on purpose. The only unusual thing was he was at least 20 years younger than others who have had similar accidents.

An elderly woman once slammed through the brick wall of a restaurant. I had walked by about 30 minutes before it happened.
I was going to ask if it was accidental or on purpose. Because accidents like that happen all the time. Yes, more often by elderly but can happen to younger people too. Either they hit the gas instead of the brake or they think it's in reverse when really it's in drive. The building where I work, the parking spots put the vehicles facing the front of the building with only a standard width walkway between the two. It wouldn't take much for someone to accidentally ram into the front of our office, and I sit about 10 - 12 feet from that front wall.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It looks like it was an accident: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/22/us/m ... index.html

The driver has a previous DUI but his BAC was 0 when they tested him yesterday. He consented to a blood draw, so that should answer whether he was on any drugs.

He claims his foot was stuck on the accelerator, which sounded insane to me, but is apparently something that has happened at least once before: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ ... -accident/
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought this was going to be about AAVs or modified cars….

I looked up the story, only read 1 article but the gentleman’s wording is a little weird. I’d like to know what kind of footwear he was wearing. When my ex got into a bad accident the laces from his docs got stuck on the accelerator pedal. Idk if something similar occurred in this case. But that doesn’t account for steering. When ex had his accident they drove into a tree in the median as it was the only place he could go without hitting other occupied vehicles or pedestrians. Dd ended up with a fractured eye socket, as well as both cheekbones, and fractures in her hips and pelvis. Was there no options to avoid hitting people I wonder?

Anything can be an assault xyz depending on how it’s used, even a plush teddy bear.
Locked Previous topicNext topic