Imagine this… a 2024 election, with both presidential candidates under investigation.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Trump followers saying all the charges are bullshit…

Biden followers saying all the charges are bullshit…

But from the outside looking in… both your candidates are under investigation and the winner will be a crook.

Maybe we should figure out a way to get two new people into the race at this point before the above is our reality.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Under investigation doesn't equal guilt and to date, neither Biden nor Trump have been charged with a crime.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:19 am Trump followers saying all the charges are bullshit…

But from the outside looking in… both your candidates are under investigation and the winner will be a crook.

Maybe we should figure out a way to get two new people into the race at this point before the above is our reality.
Who are these those "from the outside" that we need to care about?

At this point the voters have had experience with each of these potential candidates holding office. I think we can judge for ourselves how they governed, and if they acted in the best interests of the country.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:27 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:19 am Trump followers saying all the charges are bullshit…

At this point the voters have had experience with each of these potential candidates holding office. I think we can judge for ourselves how they governed, and if they acted in the best interests of the country.
Everyone else in the rest of the world…

Some people like to save face… we might look a bit less looney if we go with candidates that are respectable.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:14 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:27 am

Everyone else in the rest of the world…

Some people like to save face… we might look a bit less looney if we go with candidates that are respectable.
For the most part that seems to be the consensus from the mid-terms.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Again ... 337 million humans in this glorious nation of ours ... And this is the best we have to offer? It just boggles my mind.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't see you running.

Yes it would be nice if we had respectable candidates on BOTH sides running. However the reality is that the last semi respectable candidates we had were Obama and McCain and we know how that went. Had McCain chosen a different running mate then I have no doubt he would have won because his running mate was the start of the looney candidate trend.

I don't know why the looney candidates started getting elected. Maybe it's a reflection of the lacking education in the US. Maybe it's a continuation of our collective fascination with reality TV. Maybe because the looney's garner more attention and they're working off the principle of "bad publicity is still good publicity'. But until the parties start putting forth better candidates the people are stuck between choosing the lesser of two evils

However from my perspective one party is putting out far more looney's than the other.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It is terrifying that we may have to have a do over of the 2020 election. There was an insurrection attempt last time, I’m worried what’ll happen if trump loses again. They should’ve convicted him so he couldn’t run again.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

If there is any conspiracy theory rabbit hole I may go in, it is that these candidates are not our best, but they are by design. Are we electing loonies because our system is broken? Or is our system breaking because we are electing loonies? Or are they turning looney because our system is so corrupt? Has the two party system ever really worked? And by what are we measuring this?

I'm not advocating for anything but I just don't think we can work our way out of this. There are too many factors at play and too many people who benefit from us getting nowhere. I think we're doomed.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Would love for the US to have the legal and Constitutional rights to tell both Biden and Trump that they had their chances as POTUS but now is the time wipe the slate clean. Good luck, have a great life, and good riddance!
Locked Previous topicNext topic