Four University of Idaho students were slain in their beds while they slept: What we know

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The murder investigation into four University of Idaho students believed to have been stabbed to death while sleeping in their beds has left residents rattled and authorities trying to unravel a mystery that's garnered attention across the U.S.

Sunday's crime has reverberated through the college town of Moscow, a city of about 26,000 people near the Idaho-Washington State border. Moscow hasn't had a murder in about five years."

(...)

"Authorities have not identified a suspect or found a blade that was used to stab the students, Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. But the Idaho Statesman reported this week that police are searching for a military-style knife in connection with the killings.

That's similar to Mabbutt, the county coroner, telling NewsNation that the killer likely used a "pretty large knife."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 730181002/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

This is like some serial killer shit.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:50 am This is like some serial killer shit.
I don’t know. It sounds like one fought with her attacker. Hopefully they recover the killers DNA from her. I know that doesn’t help if he’s not in the system. But eventually he might end up there. When my son went to college it wasn’t easy to get into a dorm one didn’t belong in. He had to come down and let me into the hallway, then we went into a locked pod. Then his room had its own lock. It sounds like this sorority didn’t have that security. Or someone knew the killer.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Betting the 2 roommates that were unharmed know something they aren't telling.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve been glued to this story since it was first reported.

I don’t think the roommates had anything to do with it. They were probably drunk and passed out on a different floor and slept in. The 911 caller the next day was likely just a friend of one of theirs coming over and discovering the scene.

The police are being pretty tight lipped about anything besides ruling people out as suspects. Yesterday they asked for video footage within the 3AM to 6AM timeframe from a specific area, so hopefully they have an idea of something and are trying to confirm it.

My first thought when I read it a week ago was an Elliot Rodger style incel murder, like he had planned for sororities at his university. If it’s not that, I feel like it could be someone one of the girls knew, but not necessarily well, being angry over some perceived slight.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:26 pm I’ve been glued to this story since it was first reported.

I don’t think the roommates had anything to do with it. They were probably drunk and passed out on a different floor and slept in. The 911 caller the next day was likely just a friend of one of theirs coming over and discovering the scene.

The police are being pretty tight lipped about anything besides ruling people out as suspects. Yesterday they asked for video footage within the 3AM to 6AM timeframe from a specific area, so hopefully they have an idea of something and are trying to confirm it.

My first thought when I read it a week ago was an Elliot Rodger style incel murder, like he had planned for sororities at his university. If it’s not that, I feel like it could be someone one of the girls knew, but not necessarily well, being angry over some perceived slight.
I have been too. Killing like that with a knife is usually pretty personal. Another odd aspect is more often than not it's women who kill with a knife. I feel horrible for the family, but at the same time I'm fascinated by the case.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This is a truly bizarre and horrific tragedy. From what I’ve read, they lived off campus in a three story house. Reports (from sources like Daily Mail, which is off course to be taken with a whole ounce of salt) imply that it was a ‘party house’ and others knew the access code. I don’t think the surviving roommates were involved…but rather someone that knew them from outside the house.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:02 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:26 pm I’ve been glued to this story since it was first reported.

I have been too. Killing like that with a knife is usually pretty personal. Another odd aspect is more often than not it's women who kill with a knife. I feel horrible for the family, but at the same time I'm fascinated by the case.
Same! The police almost certainly have lots more information than they’re sharing, but I feel like once an arrest is made, there will be some detail that’s being held back that helps it all make more sense than it does now.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Same! The police almost certainly have lots more information than they’re sharing, but I feel like once an arrest is made, there will be some detail that’s being held back that helps it all make more sense than it does now.
Agree, they keep back info only the killer would know.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:11 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Agree, they keep back info only the killer would know.
There’s a press conference at 3PM Pacific, so hopefully there’s some progress and movement they can report on then!
Locked Previous topicNext topic