Four University of Idaho students were slain in their beds while they slept: What we know

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:51 am
Francee89 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:41 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:14 am
It wouldn’t have helped the ones killed while sleeping, but it could have helped the one who fought back.
From what’s been released so far, it seems like all of them were ambushed in bed while sleeping, and the defensive wounds came from fighting back or just trying to shield themselves after they’d already been stabbed.
It wouldn't have likely helped them but a lot of other mistake such as leaving the doors unlocked etc..would have, combined with being armed.
In college my roommates and I lived in an apartment with a super heavy wood door that we couldn’t get to not automatically lock behind us. We were annoyed by it then because we’d lock ourselves out by accident going to the garbage chute or bringing in groceries all the time. This case has made me think of it thankfully, since I can’t imagine how many times someone coming home late would have just forgotten or thought it was no big deal to leave it unlocked.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:25 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:05 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:53 pm

I'd stay too. But I don't blame anyone else for leaving. Like you said, it sounds like a serial killer. Time to lock and load.
Idk how to shoot a gun, I’d be SOL. 😫😫😫

I am thinking about learning though…

Do it. At least try . It's a good skill to know. And you might even find it exhilarating 😉🤗
I went to a shooting range when I was like 19. Shot a gun one time in my life, and I got the little paper guy with a “kill shot” 😅 I started crying!!
Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 am

Do it. At least try . It's a good skill to know. And you might even find it exhilarating 😉🤗
I went to a shooting range when I was like 19. Shot a gun one time in my life, and I got the little paper guy with a “kill shot” 😅 I started crying!!
Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
Why did you start crying?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:22 am

Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
Didn’t like that I “killed” the little paper guy, got scared because I wasn’t expecting the casing to blowback and hit me, rush of adrenaline. Idk.
🤷🏽‍♀️ I was 19. Never liked guns, still don’t.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:42 pm

Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
Didn’t like that I “killed” the little paper guy, got scared because I wasn’t expecting the casing to blowback and hit me, rush of adrenaline. Idk.
You got a lot further than me. 😫 I barely touched one maybe once and it took the guy 20 mins to get me to go that.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:18 pm

You got a lot further than me. 😫 I barely touched one maybe once and it took the guy 20 mins to get me to go that.
Haha it took a while for me to get to that point too!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:20 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:18 pm

Haha it took a while for me to get to that point too!
I can be clumsy so the thought me having a tool that can kill somebody scares me. 😩😩😩😩😩 Lol!!!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:33 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:53 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:43 pm

No, I wouldn't but I can respect that Southern would.
I'd stay too. But I don't blame anyone else for leaving. Like you said, it sounds like a serial killer. Time to lock and load.
How would a gun have help any one that was in this situation?
It probably wouldn't have, but I'm talking about now, after these murders.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
🤗 I shot my first gun at 5 years old.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:53 am

Lol 🤷🏽‍♀️ No guns for me
🤗 I shot my first gun at 5 years old.
I was four. The old single shot .22 my dad bought for 50 cents at a hardware in 1927 when he was 12. It was an antique then. I researched and it was manufactured in 1869.
Locked Previous topicNext topic