5 people are killed, at least 18 injured in a shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:01 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:46 pm

Actually, they aren't breaking the law.
They are breaking the law…
Like sanctuary cities for illegal immigrants, the cities are supposed to report certain things to ICE but they said naw, we’re not gonna.

With second amendment cities, they say if there is any law made that makes cops go door to door taking guns away, they’re not gonna either…
I don’t think you quite get how this works. Gun stores would have a difficult time even getting product. Wholesale distributors would not risk their own livelihood to sell to a business that wasn't following federal law.
It wouldn’t really have anything to do with gun stores. It’s what the police of those towns/ cities would be willing to do.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:07 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:27 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:47 pm

They aren't actually breaking the law.
Got it. So it's a matter of enforcing the law rather than breaking the law?
They can only be sanctuary in the sense of what the state laws allow. Violating federal law is a whole other ballgame. The feds don't mess around. When you get an inspection you better be damn sure everything is completely correct. We do a double check on every gun sale before the paperwork is put into 20 year storage. I go through them all weekly and an employee double checks my check.
Kind of like pot?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:38 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 pm

They are breaking the law…
Like sanctuary cities for illegal immigrants, the cities are supposed to report certain things to ICE but they said naw, we’re not gonna.

With second amendment cities, they say if there is any law made that makes cops go door to door taking guns away, they’re not gonna either…
I don’t think you quite get how this works. Gun stores would have a difficult time even getting product. Wholesale distributors would not risk their own livelihood to sell to a business that wasn't following federal law.
It wouldn’t really have anything to do with gun stores. It’s what the police of those towns/ cities would be willing to do.
Their duty is state law, not federal. I am talking federal. Refer back to the question i was asked. Then perhaps you will get what i am saying. My primary regulations come from the FEDS. My state or town may be a "sanctuary" but if i want to stay in business and out of federal prison, i obey federal law.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:07 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Got it. So it's a matter of enforcing the law rather than breaking the law?
They can only be sanctuary in the sense of what the state laws allow. Violating federal law is a whole other ballgame. The feds don't mess around. When you get an inspection you better be damn sure everything is completely correct. We do a double check on every gun sale before the paperwork is put into 20 year storage. I go through them all weekly and an employee double checks my check.
Kind of like pot?
Somewhat. That's why from growing to sells are done within the state. Banking is a pain in the ass for dispensaries as well.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So, apparently the shooter identifies as non binary.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Whatever Aldrich’s motive, gay-rights activists and their allies say the inflammatory language that politicians and other public figures frequently use to denigrate members of the LGBTQ community creates a hostile environment that fuels anti-gay stigma, promotes radicalization and, in a worst-case scenario, can lead to the kind of deadly violence seen at the Club Q."

This right here. We can say "people can believe what they want to believe" and "people can say what they want to say" but words have power. When people in the public eye speak negatively about the LGBTQ+ community in any way, it makes others think it's ok to have negative feelings and beliefs and it makes them think it's ok to act out on those negativities. And then we have violence against the community as a whole. All the politicians who ran on anti-gay platforms to try to win votes, they have responsibility for all violence against the LGBTQ+ community.

As for the gunman in this scenario being non-binary, who knows yet if or how that played into his motive. Self-hatred perhaps? Is there any indication whether he intended to kill himself at the end of it?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 pm

Their duty is state law, not federal. I am talking federal. Refer back to the question i was asked. Then perhaps you will get what i am saying. My primary regulations come from the FEDS. My state or town may be a "sanctuary" but if i want to stay in business and out of federal prison, i obey federal law.
Right... Sanctuary cities purport to break federal law. Not state laws.

When it comes to guns, laws aren't being broken yet because there aren't federal laws enacted yet that they're threatening to break. Like laws requiring law enforcement to start confiscating guns door to door...

When it comes to immigration, those cities are actively not informing ICE about leads to illegal immigrants that they are supposed to report.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 am

When it comes to guns, laws aren't being broken yet because there aren't federal laws enacted yet that they're threatening to break. Like laws requiring law enforcement to start confiscating guns door to door...

When it comes to immigration, those cities are actively not informing ICE about leads to illegal immigrants that they are supposed to report.
I think I will defer to myself since I am in the business.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:31 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 am

I think I will defer to myself since I am in the business.
Cool. I'm in one of the businesses discussed in this post too. Still though... Sanctuary cities are fighting against federal laws they see as unfair or unconstitutional. State laws are often then created to combat those laws. It can also mean a city going against state laws.
Locked Previous topicNext topic