Charlotte woman’s death in Cabo being investigated as killing, state AG in Mexico says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

CHARLOTTE — There are more questions than answers in the death of Charlotte woman Shanquella Robinson. She died while on a trip to Cabo with friends, but her parents never believed the story those friends told them.

The agency presiding over the case in Mexico confirmed to ABC News they have begun a femicide investigation into Robinson’s death.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/state ... YDB6GFSAE/
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The friends say alcohol poisoning. Autopsy shows severe spinal cord injury and dislocation in neck. So clearly there was drinking going on.... a LOT of it. Could the deceased have injured themselves and died later, yes. could friends have misdiagnosed this, easily. Could the friends have done something to cause injury, absolutely they were drunk. Two things are clear, the death was an accident and there was a lot of drinking going on.

I don't think the friends set out to deliberately kill the woman but people do stupid shit when drunk and I could easily see a "pyramid" stunt (for example) with a bunch of drunk women go wrong and lead to the death of someone whether by falling wrong or having someone land on another person wrong.

There's a reason C collars are used after certain accidents (or whiplash) to immobilize the head until you can get an xray. You can break your beck and not realize it (due to pressure and weight from the head) and move just right later and drop dead, or have a seizure and die.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 am The friends say alcohol poisoning. Autopsy shows severe spinal cord injury and dislocation in neck. So clearly there was drinking going on.... a LOT of it. Could the deceased have injured themselves and died later, yes. could friends have misdiagnosed this, easily. Could the friends have done something to cause injury, absolutely they were drunk. Two things are clear, the death was an accident and there was a lot of drinking going on.

I don't think the friends set out to deliberately kill the woman but people do stupid shit when drunk and I could easily see a "pyramid" stunt (for example) with a bunch of drunk women go wrong and lead to the death of someone whether by falling wrong or having someone land on another person wrong.

There's a reason C collars are used after certain accidents (or whiplash) to immobilize the head until you can get an xray. You can break your beck and not realize it (due to pressure and weight from the head) and move just right later and drop dead, or have a seizure and die.
From what I understand, she didn’t have any alcohol in her system and there is a video of one of her “friends” beating her.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:44 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 am The friends say alcohol poisoning. Autopsy shows severe spinal cord injury and dislocation in neck. So clearly there was drinking going on.... a LOT of it. Could the deceased have injured themselves and died later, yes. could friends have misdiagnosed this, easily. Could the friends have done something to cause injury, absolutely they were drunk. Two things are clear, the death was an accident and there was a lot of drinking going on.

From what I understand, she didn’t have any alcohol in her system and there is a video of one of her “friends” beating her.
Well that was conveniently left out of the article
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Living in Mexico myself, I read about it. Apparently, there’s a video that allegedly shows her being beaten.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/shanqu ... ten-video/

So yeah, it seems that her buddies have a lot to answer to. If they’re back in the U.S I don’t see how Mexican authorities can do much, except provide forensic analysis. Very shady. I bet those kids are in it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 am

I am not sure…..it may have been published before the video was released. There has been a lot of twists and turns on this story.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:03 pm Living in Mexico myself, I read about it. Apparently, there’s a video that allegedly shows her being beaten.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/shanqu ... ten-video/

So yeah, it seems that her buddies have a lot to answer to. If they’re back in the U.S I don’t see how Mexican authorities can do much, except provide forensic analysis. Very shady. I bet those kids are in it.
It doesn’t look good at all. 😢
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:48 pm

I am not sure…..it may have been published before the video was released. There has been a lot of twists and turns on this story.
Apparently.... the article didn't even mention a lack of alcohol in the system or that there's a video, just that the autopsy showed severe spinal trauma/broken neck as cause of death. I may have to rethink the "accidental" part of this because the article provided was severely lacking in giving any additional details other than "friends said alcohol poisoning but coroner said it was broken neck" and I could see how it could be both with alcohol involved and a neck injury that doesn't get checked out leading to it appearing to be a seizure from alcohol poisoning before death later
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:38 pm

Apparently.... the article didn't even mention a lack of alcohol in the system or that there's a video, just that the autopsy showed severe spinal trauma/broken neck as cause of death. I may have to rethink the "accidental" part of this because the article provided was severely lacking in giving any additional details other than "friends said alcohol poisoning but coroner said it was broken neck" and I could see how it could be both with alcohol involved and a neck injury that doesn't get checked out leading to it appearing to be a seizure from alcohol poisoning before death later
Again, the story is progressing quickly so I’m not sure why the article didn’t list it. I was just giving you more information in the back end story.

To be fair, fist fights don’t normally result in death so murder may not have been intentional. That’s still a valid point.

I think the group’s behavior/reaction after the fact is what raised eye brows.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:01 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:38 pm

Again, the story is progressing quickly so I’m not sure why the article didn’t list it. I was just giving you more information in the back end story.

To be fair, fist fights don’t normally result in death so murder may not have been intentional. That’s still a valid point.

I think the group’s behavior/reaction after the fact is what raised eye brows.
I don't think the video info was released when the article was published after looking into it more.

You're right about fist fights and neck injuries can be brushed off easily.

I know when I did clinicals some 10 years ago we had a routine xray of a patient that was having random neck pain off and on.....Guy had a fracture and could have died if he moved the wrong way. Turned out a couple weeks prior he was in a minor fender bender and he brushed it off. He was immobilized immediately and taken to surgery. He could have dropped dead at any moment with a turn of the chin.
Locked Previous topicNext topic