Homebuyers who fled to Florida to escape high taxes are now shocked at their massive tax bills

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow. If I move there, it’s because of the weather.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have a similar property tax problem here in Texas. It makes it so hard for families starting out to buy a home when property taxes are going to add around $500 a month to a mortgage.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our property taxes are about the same or a bit higher than what we paid in KY for city and county combined. We live in Broward too and we pay less than the lower amount the guy in the article. He’s in Ft. Lauderdale though and we are not. We do claim the homestead exemption which takes $50,000 off our taxable value.

At least there’s no income tax and registration for vehicles is way cheaper than KY which is based on what the state says it’s valued. That runs you a few hundred dollars each year.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My tax bill isn’t bad although it’s gone up. What’s killing me is my homeowners. Another storm and I may be out of here honestly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic