A vote is going up to let Trump back on Twitter again. Will you vote? Or let others decide?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:52 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:03 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:07 am

First off he is not a certified genius. He's a college dropout that later paid for his degrees, both bachelor's. Even I have 2 bachelor's degrees. He didn't even build or invent Telsa, he merely bought out the engineers that did (Or used money from his Daddy's emerald mines to buy a controlling stake in the company and then fired them.) The only thing he's a genius at is whining and asking for handouts. Tesla only exists today because Musk got bailouts for it 4 times in 2009, 2013, 2015 and 2020. He's a spoiled brat that got ahead by lying and begging for handouts. He used his bad looks in the past to garner sympathy and after he fixed those he started using his Asperger's diagnosis. Chances are he's lying about that too.
You have no idea what he’s invented, or the software he personally created do you?
None. Sure he was a financer for x.com which eventually became paypal but the code was written by Ed Ho. Zip2 which became Global link was Greg Kouri. All Musk has done is taken the ideas of other people, thrown Daddy's money at it, and sold it off later. Space X is from Tom Mueller (the actual rocket engineer), Tesla was Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Musk's only contribution has been throwing money (Starting with loans from his Daddy's emerald mines) at other people's ideas to get them off the ground, taking credit for them, firing the creators or buying them out, and whining and asking for handouts when things didn't go his way.
Maybe google a bit further than that 30 seconds you just put in. You might find that he is kind of smart, and that he’s done a lot on his own.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:24 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:03 pm

You have no idea what he’s invented, or the software he personally created do you?
None. Sure he was a financer for x.com which eventually became paypal but the code was written by Ed Ho. Zip2 which became Global link was Greg Kouri. All Musk has done is taken the ideas of other people, thrown Daddy's money at it, and sold it off later. Space X is from Tom Mueller (the actual rocket engineer), Tesla was Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Musk's only contribution has been throwing money (Starting with loans from his Daddy's emerald mines) at other people's ideas to get them off the ground, taking credit for them, firing the creators or buying them out, and whining and asking for handouts when things didn't go his way.
Maybe google a bit further than that 30 seconds you just put in. You might find that he is kind of smart, and that he’s done a lot on his own.
Like what? Surely after following his career for the past decade you should be able to name something off the top of your head.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:00 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:26 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:17 pm

And the people he did not fire refused his demands to work their fingers to the bone. So the walked away with 3 months severance pay

I don’t think Twitter will last till the end of the year. However I think this is a well orchestrated plan to launch a different platform. Elon is way too smart to fail this bad.
I wouldn't say "smart" an experienced liar and grifter, yes. I suppose that takes a certain kind of intelligence. Anyhow, I agree he's likely working on launching a different platform but first he has to troll on twitter and drum up activity to boost it's revenue just enough to offset his loss in paying for it in the first place. I'm sure he'll give himself a nice severance package for it too.
Elon Musk has built an empire he is a certified genius. He has built it using underhanded unethical methods but he is an extremely smart man. There is a method to his madness and this is just part of the plan. Thing is he would crush his own mother to get ahead.
What are these underhanded unethical methods he used?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:52 pm

I wouldn't say "smart" an experienced liar and grifter, yes. I suppose that takes a certain kind of intelligence. Anyhow, I agree he's likely working on launching a different platform but first he has to troll on twitter and drum up activity to boost it's revenue just enough to offset his loss in paying for it in the first place. I'm sure he'll give himself a nice severance package for it too.
Elon Musk has built an empire he is a certified genius. He has built it using underhanded unethical methods but he is an extremely smart man. There is a method to his madness and this is just part of the plan. Thing is he would crush his own mother to get ahead.
What are these underhanded unethical methods he used?
Here's a few
https://www.tpr.org/technology-entrepre ... violations
https://time.com/6148510/tesla-lawsuits-recalls/
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla ... 2019-09-27
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Does anyone believe this "vote" will determine the outcome? Seems like EM has already decided to do this, and is trying to drive traffic in the meantime.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:48 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:35 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:18 am

I started wondering if he was taking Twitter down a notch on purpose.

He's always had this fear of something controlling humans too much, like A.I. but maybe he started feeling like Twitter and its bots were controlling the masses too much, so he's trying to make it look absurd, so people stop being controlled as much.
Wow - you seem to give EM a lot of credit for being altruistic. Not sure why....

It seems much more likely his ego led him to think he should control what "the masses" read and think, and Twitter was a tool to do that. But alas, it takes vision, massive programming talent and the ability to inspire a team to run a company like Twitter.
Maybe because I’ve actually followed his career for the past decade, and watched a lot of his interviews through those years…

He’s full of himself, but he’s also right about a bunch of shit, and has warned people multiple times about the dangers I mentioned.

It’s not even solely altruistic, he’s talking about the global impact and what that would mean for future generations.

Plus… he’s not trying to control more people, the complete opposite actually.
He’s trying to remove the bots and let as many people talk as they want, without trying to censor people so much.

That was y’all’s problem with him last week. That he was letting too many people talk. Not enough control…

Can’t have it both ways just to talk shit about the guy…
You can tell who is lying by who wants to restrict the flow of information.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:17 pm Does anyone believe this "vote" will determine the outcome? Seems like EM has already decided to do this, and is trying to drive traffic in the meantime.
Yup. Elon is just a shitposter.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:34 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Like what? Surely after following his career for the past decade you should be able to name something off the top of your head.
First thing that popped into my head was the hyperloop.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:07 am

First off he is not a certified genius. He's a college dropout that later paid for his degrees, both bachelor's. Even I have 2 bachelor's degrees. He didn't even build or invent Telsa, he merely bought out the engineers that did (Or used money from his Daddy's emerald mines to buy a controlling stake in the company and then fired them.) The only thing he's a genius at is whining and asking for handouts. Tesla only exists today because Musk got bailouts for it 4 times in 2009, 2013, 2015 and 2020. He's a spoiled brat that got ahead by lying and begging for handouts. He used his bad looks in the past to garner sympathy and after he fixed those he started using his Asperger's diagnosis. Chances are he's lying about that too.
Actually he is with an estimated 150 IQ. Being a university graduate has nothing to do with intelligence. Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs - all dropped out of university. I have a degree in Accounting, and Engineering but my friend’s brother who is a truck mechanic with a high school diploma is way more intelligent than I. Education means nothing in regards to intelligence, but also I believe that an IQ is an arbitrary number received on a specific date.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This certainly doesn't look like the work of a genius.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... il-2022-11
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic