Reason one million why I won’t join a Florida HOA

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:05 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:02 am
Carpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:00 am Why only Florida?
Just a guess but maybe because she lives there or has a vacation home there?
Just a guess but she sounded like the issue was specific to FL when most HOA's are like that.
Common sense dictates that if the majority of HOA's are like that nationwide then the only reason to state a specific location like Florida would be because one lives there.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:33 pm

Just a guess but she sounded like the issue was specific to FL when most HOA's are like that.
Common sense dictates that if the majority of HOA's are like that nationwide then the only reason to state a specific location like Florida would be because one lives there.
My brother’s HOA in NC is fine. And laws are different in other states. I know HOAs are bad in a lot of places. A lot of petty BS. But this is jumping straight into fraud and stealing money which idk if they can happen in other states.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:46 pm

My brother’s HOA in NC is fine. And laws are different in other states. I know HOAs are bad in a lot of places. A lot of petty BS. But this is jumping straight into fraud and stealing money which idk if they can happen in other states.
Oh I'm sure it can. I've never been interested in HOA's. I don't like the idea of people telling me what colors I can paint my house or whether I'm allowed a garden, etc.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 pm
Because I live here and this story is from the Miami Herald. It’s about how we need to fix our regulations for Florida HOAs. Idk how other states are. In general I don’t like HOAs but I only hear what my friends and family here tell me.
I wouldn't live in one if you gave me the house.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Whatever, baconqueen
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:33 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 pm
Because I live here and this story is from the Miami Herald. It’s about how we need to fix our regulations for Florida HOAs. Idk how other states are. In general I don’t like HOAs but I only hear what my friends and family here tell me.
I wouldn't live in one if you gave me the house.
I always said that too but our last 2 houses have had them. The first was cheap and no big deal. I don’t remember what all it covered. The one here in FL is more expensive but it includes a LOT!

Water and sewer, lawn care, landscaping, sprinklers, lawn treatment, house painting every so many years (all the same color but we’re okay with that), roof cleaning every so many years, sealing driveway every so many years, garbage and bulk trash pickup. They resurfaced all the roads in our development last summer. There are two cookout picnics a year where meat, buns, water is provided and people sign up to bring something. All in all we haven’t had any problems in the 2 years we’ve been here.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I will never live in an hoa again. Our last house had one. They wanted is to get permission to touch up white trim. You had to have permission for every thing. And they were so slow to give permission.

They tried to fine us for not mowing the neighbors side of the yard. It was silly. They said it made the neighborhood look bad and we could have mowed it since we mowed our side.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

While not a homeowner yet, I want to refuse to live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Ive heard horror stories. Unfortunately it is hard to find a good neighborhood without one in Broward.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would never join one because of the financial risk.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic