Reason one million why I won’t join a Florida HOA

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Besides them being full of petty people hungry for power for once in their lives sometimes they’re downright fraudulent. And it gets expensive if you want to fight them. https://amp.miamiherald.com/opinion/edi ... 40877.html
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why only Florida?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:00 am Why only Florida?
Just a guess but maybe because she lives there or has a vacation home there?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:02 am
Just a guess but she sounded like the issue was specific to FL when most HOA's are like that.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is why when our friends moved down to the US, the specifically looked for a house with no HOA.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

We bought our home eleven years ago and two months after, an HOA was formed.

IMO, a good, trustworthy HOA can still have its pros vs cons and so far, we've yet to see too many cons in all these years.

However, the HOA in the story link demonstrates what some power can do to people. Have to wonder how extensive their criminal backgrounds might be prior to all of this?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because I live here and this story is from the Miami Herald. It’s about how we need to fix our regulations for Florida HOAs. Idk how other states are. In general I don’t like HOAs but I only hear what my friends and family here tell me.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:17 pm We bought our home eleven years ago and two months after, an HOA was formed.

IMO, a good, trustworthy HOA can still have its pros vs cons and so far, we've yet to see too many cons in all these years.

However, the HOA in the story link demonstrates what some power can do to people. Have to wonder how extensive their criminal backgrounds might be prior to all of this?
That’s the problem. The people buy into an HOA and who knows the background of who’s running it. I don’t think there’s any regulation on that. My friend complains her HOA is mismanaged. I don’t understand all of it but to do anything involves fighting them with a lawsuit which costs money. So she just puts up with it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because FS Chapter 720 needs to be rewritten.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:02 am
Lol I wish I had a vacation house here and one elsewhere. I live in Florida. Closest I get to a vacation home is visiting family in other states.
Locked Previous topicNext topic