After winning control of the U.S. House of Representatives, Republicans said on Thursday that investigating President Jo

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 am The GOP campaigned claiming the economy, border security and violent crime were the top priorities. But instead this is the first thing they focus on.
Personally, I think those issues are more important and this is nothing but a waste of time and taxpayer money. But hey, if this is their priority so be it. If I was Republican I’d be pretty pissed that I voted for someone who decided to participate in conducting an investigation that was already conducted when Trump was in office instead of representing the interests of their constituents.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 am The GOP campaigned claiming the economy, border security and violent crime were the top priorities. But instead this is the first thing they focus on.
I think Kevin McCarthy is probably more aware than anyone that there is almost zero chance of him being able to get the various clown show factions of the House GOP to agree on anything productive. So they’ll go into 2024 with…1,539,723 hearings on the President’s son to show for it?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Investigate away while Biden names all those federal judges lol. Weren’t they the ones bitching you couldn’t indict a standing president? I mean if they want to fine. But just because Hunter is corrupt doesn’t mean his father is. Biden has been in politics for how long? If they’re going to investigate him they can go after 50 percent of congress while they’re at it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:53 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 am I wouldn't expect anything else from the party of Hypocrites. Maybe one day if they keep throwing shit at the wall something will stick.

That being said the Hunter laptop investigation is still ongoing. All they've found is tax evasion and a false statement to make a gun purchase. I'm sure Hunter also name dropped Daddy a time or two to help seal a deal but that doesn't mean Joe had any part of it. Shall we put back up the list of Trump lawsuits and investigations for comparison Are Republicans looking into Jared Kushner's 2 billion deal with the Saudi's? I mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander so you might as well look at both Biden and trump and call out any and ALL corruption. No, republicans are only concerned about Biden being corrupt, not Trump.

I'd really appreciate it if politics got back to handling issues like the economy, healthcare, etc. Instead of hypocrites just trying to stick it to the other guy because their guy lost.
They can share a cell together…

Political corruption shouldn’t be ignored, from either side.
Agreed. However Republicans only seem to care when it's on the left while turning a blind eye to their own corruption. Even if no such corruption exists the Right will "Invent" something to claim the left is corrupt. I don't know if it's a deflection tactic or they are really just that stupid to think it will work nor do I care. I'm simply tired of it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 am I wouldn't expect anything else from the party of Hypocrites. Maybe one day if they keep throwing shit at the wall something will stick.

That being said the Hunter laptop investigation is still ongoing. All they've found is tax evasion and a false statement to make a gun purchase. I'm sure Hunter also name dropped Daddy a time or two to help seal a deal but that doesn't mean Joe had any part of it. Shall we put back up the list of Trump lawsuits and investigations for comparison Are Republicans looking into Jared Kushner's 2 billion deal with the Saudi's? I mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander so you might as well look at both Biden and trump and call out any and ALL corruption. No, republicans are only concerned about Biden being corrupt, not Trump.

I'd really appreciate it if politics got back to handling issues like the economy, healthcare, etc. Instead of hypocrites just trying to stick it to the other guy because their guy lost.
You call out all corruption we’re going to need a special election to get congress going again. Or can it legislate from prison? It’s like the old joke: why can’t the Messiah be born in D.C? Because they can’t find 3 wise men and a virgin there. But I think the republicans are doing this because they’ve got no good ideas for healthcare or the economy. I hate Obamacare and the economy but no one has any better ideas. And my doctor wonders why my blood pressure is high. From too much politics.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:40 pm

You call out all corruption we’re going to need a special election to get congress going again. Or can it legislate from prison? It’s like the old joke: why can’t the Messiah be born in D.C? Because they can’t find 3 wise men and a virgin there. But I think the republicans are doing this because they’ve got no good ideas for healthcare or the economy. I hate Obamacare and the economy but no one has any better ideas. And my doctor wonders why my blood pressure is high. From too much politics.
I mean AOC has some ideas out there but she's been dubbed a "leftist extremist". Mostly I think because she calls out the hypocrisy on the right and provides a path to move forward but that path is detailed and people have short attention spans so it's easier to call her an extremist and stick to soundbites of her calling out hypocrites than focusing on her proposals.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a total waste of time and money plus, I believe, will hurt the Republican candidates in 2024. They need to start putting real solutions and plans on the table if they expect voters to align with them who have never voted Republican previously. I think they are all corrupt. Something should be done to get the corruption out of politics, but there are so many pressing issues that need to be fixed.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 pm

Agreed. However Republicans only seem to care when it's on the left while turning a blind eye to their own corruption. Even if no such corruption exists the Right will "Invent" something to claim the left is corrupt. I don't know if it's a deflection tactic or they are really just that stupid to think it will work nor do I care. I'm simply tired of it.
That has nothing to do with me… I’m not a republican and I’m happy to place blame on everyone.

I’m tired of every time I talk about anyone other than Trump doing something wrong, the only thing people know how to counter it with is to bring up Trump again.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:50 am

That has nothing to do with me… I’m not a republican and I’m happy to place blame on everyone.

I’m tired of every time I talk about anyone other than Trump doing something wrong, the only thing people know how to counter it with is to bring up Trump again.
Did I mention you or say it had anything to do with you? I said Republicans. The 'you' after what's good for the goose is good for the gander was a general you not a specific you.
Maybe stop quoting me if you're going to take everything I say as an attack on you personally when you're not the subject of conversation.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:50 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:50 am

Did I mention you or say it had anything to do with you? I said Republicans. The 'you' after what's good for the goose is good for the gander was a general you not a specific you.
Maybe stop quoting me if you're going to take everything I say as an attack on you personally when you're not the subject of conversation.
Lol I didn’t say it was a personal attack, I said it was a method…

Someone said something about Biden’s wrongdoing? Just bring up Trump so it won’t matter anymore…
Locked Previous topicNext topic