After winning control of the U.S. House of Representatives, Republicans said on Thursday that investigating President Jo

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:27 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:04 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:14 pm

So no outrage over the term redneck? Totally okay to “agree to disagree” with Thelma’s point that Carpy doesn’t fit in that category?

It’s no shade, I’m just interested to see how you spin this to justify the double standard.
Redneck isn't based on race or ethnicity, it's based on socio-economic class and education.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/redneck

Now you know that is complete bullshit. Redneck is absolutely used as a derogatory term about white people, especially in the south, so don’t even try that one.

You’re not exempt from your own rules. It applies to you too.
depends on the definition you use, it no longer means a farm worker from the south
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/redneck
redneck
or red-neck
[ red-nek ]SHOW IPAInformal: Disparaging.

noun
an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:15 am

Redneck isn't based on race or ethnicity, it's based on socio-economic class and education.

Now you know that is complete bullshit. Redneck is absolutely used as a derogatory term about white people, especially in the south, so don’t even try that one.

depends on the definition you use, it no longer means a farm worker from the south
redneck
or red-neck

noun
Are you in a southern state?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If either party has strong evidence that they have reason to
Investigate then by all means go. If it ends up being a waste of tax payer dollars then vote those who waste it out. If there is illegal activity then prosecute.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:06 am

redneck
or red-neck

noun
What does that have to do with anything?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

redneck
or red-neck

noun
Don’t piss in my face and tell me it’s rain. That’s pretty much the same definition that I posted that confirms that the term has been used to racially degrade white people.

You implied that Carpy was an uneducated and poor red neck over something as petty as a difference of opinion and made no apologies for it. If you see nothing at all wrong with that, then leave Hawaiians TF alone and quit micromanaging their language, when you don’t care about watching your own mouth.

You’re not entitled to place yourself above the rules you set for other people and bend them to your advantage.

That is not right or fair to any party involved in this conversation but you.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:21 am

redneck
or red-neck

noun
It's thrown around like a slur. I am wondering if you have heard it used in an ugly context.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:14 pm

It's thrown around like a slur. I am wondering if you have heard it used in an ugly context.
Again how would my location be relevant to that? Redneck is not a slur used only in southern states nor is it only to describe poor white southern agricultural workers getting sunburns. It was also used to describe coal miners from the appalachia's that wore red bandanas around their necks. The uniting factor has been that those described as being redneck are always undereducated bigots from rural areas.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:39 pm

Again how would my location be relevant to that? Redneck is not a slur used only in southern states nor is it only to describe poor white southern agricultural workers getting sunburns. It was also used to describe coal miners from the appalachia's that wore red bandanas around their necks. The uniting factor has been that those described as being redneck are always undereducated bigots from rural areas.
And since you failed to show my education level, how I am a bigot nor my income level, you are simply using it to insult. That shows your character flaw, not mine.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

They were not being called red necks because they were bigots.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

So you posted the definition of redneck yourself and you’re still going to deny that it is used as a slur against White people like everyone doesn’t know the truth.

Why do you expect an oppressed minority group to follow rules you don’t follow yourself? And what made you think Carpy is an undereducated bigot?

The denial is getting to the point of lying because the definition is plain as day.
Locked Previous topicNext topic