What time will you be eating your Thanksgiving meal?

Deleted User 2088

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:28 am We’re aiming for 5. LIke Kendalls Mom, I do all the cooking ( and that’s how I like. I enjoy doing it). SO I am hoping to get a good and early start t=so I can get dinner on the table by 5 :)
LOL Thank you! I don't even know how it got uploaded, I guess it was from my gmail when I registered. It's my Realtor headshot!
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It'll be around 1 most likely, maybe 2
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not sure. Got tossed a curve ball, and will be working a couple hours on Thanksgiving morning.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: ↑Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 pm Normally around 2ish...this year is a toss up. My niece's boyfriend's mother has given our family a 38 lb turkey! We can't fry it this year because it won't fit into the pot so it has to be roasted. It will take at least 9.5 hours to cook so my mom and MIL are stressing over it.
That is a big bird. Holy smokes! I felt like I was pushing it with a 13lb turkey.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When we do Thanksgiving at our house, we eat around four. We're going to my husband's family this year, and I think they eat around one.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: ↑Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 pm Normally around 2ish...this year is a toss up. My niece's boyfriend's mother has given our family a 38 lb turkey! We can't fry it this year because it won't fit into the pot so it has to be roasted. It will take at least 9.5 hours to cook so my mom and MIL are stressing over it.
I didn't even realize turkeys get that big!
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:24 pm
That is a big bird. Holy smokes! I felt like I was pushing it with a 13lb turkey.
IKR?!!
We have a hard time with a 20 lb turkey... This is nuts. Dillon said the smallest one was 31 lbs. I was like😲😲
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm
Same!
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: ↑Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:49 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm
Same!
Have you checked to see if it's going to fit in a regular sized roaster pan? I do the 22 - 24 lb turkeys a lot, and seems like there's not a lot of room left even with them.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When it's done cooking. Could be 1, could be 6. Depends on a number of factors such as what time we start cooking, how many people we are hosting, and how big the turkey is. This year it's just us and I managed to find a small 10lb turkey so we'll probably start cooking later and eat close to our normal dinner time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic