3 weeks until Thanksgiving day feast!

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Kids and I are going to a potluck. I'm bringing 3 15lb turkeys and a bunch of cornbread. My daughter is making a gallon of cranberry sauce, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:30 pm So glad we don't celebrate such a shitty holiday. I don't need one day to be thankful for my family and life. I won't even go into the deeper meaning of it.
The have antidepressants these days that work wonders!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm Tbh just thinking of going out this year.
I saw a segment on The Today Show this morning that going out may be cheaper this year due to the rise in grocery costs. I don't see how that's possible but whatever works!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:56 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm Tbh just thinking of going out this year.
I saw a segment on The Today Show this morning that going out may be cheaper this year due to the rise in grocery costs. I don't see how that's possible but whatever works!
Suppose it depends on where you go and your family size. I feel like we have a lot of leftovers that go to waste, even when we try to make less that still happens. Like we'll never go through a whole thing of rolls, but you can't just buy half a pack, ya know?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thanksgiving isn’t a big deal on my side of the family and we wouldn’t spend it with my husbands side. We’ll get together with my parents, grandparents, and my sisters family. We might have a few friends over. We don’t do traditional American thanksgiving foods, we each just agree to bring a main or side and everyone decides what to bring. I’ll probably decide the week of. We used to do a turkey when I was a kid, because my sister and I wanted to feel more American, but now we see that none of us actually really like plain turkey so instead we just incorporate turkey into something we like more, like last year my dad made a nabe with turkey.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

We’ve actually reserved a live turkey this year… we pick it up the week before thanksgiving.

It’s kind of weird knowing which specific turkey is going to be dinner lol.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:07 pm We’ve actually reserved a live turkey this year… we pick it up the week before thanksgiving.

I'm cooking three of them (donated by a local farm). I have no desire to meet them, lol. I won't even eat them as I'm vegetarian but I've been told fresh free-range turkey's are the best.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:42 pm My menu is planned, half the shopping is done including the turkey, and only the perishables are left like produce, dairy, etc..

My husband and I are doing it all with the exception of my Mom bringing the Waldorf salad.

We're doing different appetizers for before and after the big meal. For dinner, it's turkey, a dressing casserole along with both greenbean casserole and sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Dessert will be several different pies and breads.

Our son and his girlfriend along with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend will be here. Oldest daughter and her boyfriend might be here unless they get a shift at their EAH. And my Mom is coming.

Cannot wait!!
I am blown away by the amount of food Americans make for Thanksgiving dinner. My friend was down in Texas for a couple of years and admits down there Thanksgiving dinner is a all day production. She told me you know how in Canada you show up around 5 -5:30 eat dinner, talk, have a desert then leave about 8. That does not happen in the US.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I didn’t actually meet the turkey, but it’s a local guy who runs the farm and he showed me pictures.
They look good and happy lol.

I’ve heard they’re the best too, every other turkey I’ve ever cooked was just frozen from the supermarket so it’s fun to find out how much better this might be
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:11 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:07 pm We’ve actually reserved a live turkey this year… we pick it up the week before thanksgiving.

I'm cooking three of them (donated by a local farm). I have no desire to meet them, lol. I won't even eat them as I'm vegetarian but I've been told fresh free-range turkey's are the best.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dh may or may not be out of town on Thanksgiving. Mil and her SO are looking to move soon as their landlord wants to raise their rent up by 700 and will not make any repairs. Her SO will be working. Either mil will come here or we will go to her. It would be mil, my 3, oldest’s fiancé, possibly Dh, and I. Menu:: roasted Turkey breast, cornbread dressing, potato casserole, salad, a couple vegetables.
Locked Previous topicNext topic