3 weeks until Thanksgiving day feast!

Anonymous 5

Unread post

My in-laws arrived this evening and are trying to change my entire menu plan. I'm ready to say we'll get carryout. I give up!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:23 am We have a big family, too many to count, LOL. It will be my family, my siblings and their families, my parents, DH's parents, DH's siblings, etc. My sister is hosting Thursday and we are hosting Friday.

We'll be having turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, buttered rolls, sweet potato marshmallow casserole, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, brussels sprouts, and a variety of pies for dessert - probably pumpkin, apple, and pecan.
My goodness, I have not seen you post in forever! How are the girls?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:07 pm My in-laws arrived this evening and are trying to change my entire menu plan. I'm ready to say we'll get carryout. I give up!
That sounds annoying as heck, hang in there!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:09 pm We don’t even have Thanksgiving plans yet 🤷🏽‍♀️
All I know is I’m eating for 2 so I hope there’s a lot of food wherever we go…or even if we stay in
Is your pregnancy going well? I hope you get some time off from school and are enjoying yourself!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:07 pm We’ve actually reserved a live turkey this year… we pick it up the week before thanksgiving.

It’s kind of weird knowing which specific turkey is going to be dinner lol.
I do not miss growing up on a farm, for this reason. Pigs not as much, but boy I grew a bit attached to some of the cows. And although Petey was tasty, there was always a bit of sadness in it for me, even though, really our animals had pretty good lives up until that very last moment.

I like just having random meat now!
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:16 am
lauren08 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:23 am We have a big family, too many to count, LOL. It will be my family, my siblings and their families, my parents, DH's parents, DH's siblings, etc. My sister is hosting Thursday and we are hosting Friday.

We'll be having turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, buttered rolls, sweet potato marshmallow casserole, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, brussels sprouts, and a variety of pies for dessert - probably pumpkin, apple, and pecan.
Time got away from me, things got busy and then I realized I hadn't been on here in forever! Was hoping you and the other regulars would still be around :)

The girls are doing well - Nicole is a junior at Tulane this year, and Ashley and Brittany both started their first semesters at Vanderbilt and UVA. Still feels crazy to say...I don't feel old enough to have 3 in college, LOL. All of them are loving it so far. Nicole had a rough first year but since then has really found her passions and her place there. We got lucky in that parents' weekend did not fall on the same weekend for any of the 3 schools, but there were a few very hectic weekends in the fall where we were flying out all the time. It was super fun to get to visit them all though. They are all home for Thanksgiving now which has been really nice. Taylor is in 8th grade now - last year of middle school, eek! It has been very weird for her to adjust to being an "only child" for the first time - she definitely misses her sisters a lot. How are you and yours?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:56 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:16 am

Time got away from me, things got busy and then I realized I hadn't been on here in forever! Was hoping you and the other regulars would still be around :)

The girls are doing well - Nicole is a junior at Tulane this year, and Ashley and Brittany both started their first semesters at Vanderbilt and UVA. Still feels crazy to say...I don't feel old enough to have 3 in college, LOL. All of them are loving it so far. Nicole had a rough first year but since then has really found her passions and her place there. We got lucky in that parents' weekend did not fall on the same weekend for any of the 3 schools, but there were a few very hectic weekends in the fall where we were flying out all the time. It was super fun to get to visit them all though. They are all home for Thanksgiving now which has been really nice. Taylor is in 8th grade now - last year of middle school, eek! It has been very weird for her to adjust to being an "only child" for the first time - she definitely misses her sisters a lot. How are you and yours?
Aww, I bet that does feel crazy lonely be the only kid now! I bet it is wonderful to have them all home. I am glad they are all getting settled in college. How fast the time goes.

My crew are 15,13, and 9 now. Parenting has been a bit overwhelming. And my parents are aging and requiring a bit more attention. And work marches on!!

I can relate to being super busy.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:39 am Not entirely sure the exact plans or menus yet, but my older sister and her boys are coming down, and we (my siblings, me and our families) are getting together sometime. That’s about 26/27 people. That includes my father and his gf. My family also gets together with DH’s parents, SIL, BIL, and uncle. That’s 10 people there.
We are also hosting family we go to church with who don’t have any relatives in the area today. We are having:
Ham
Chicken and dumplings
Cornbread dressing
Corn on the cob
Green beans
Mashed potatoes
Mac and cheese
Sweet potato casserole
Pintos
Maple Pecan Pie
Cream cheese stuffed pumpkin muffins
Locked Previous topicNext topic