Mischief night/goosey night or whatever you call it

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Speaking of that Halloween post and the 'trick' or treat...Did you guys go out the night before Halloween and egg houses, tp peoples bushes, shaving cream in a mailbox etc? We did. I loved mischief night as a kid. I remember the week of halloween the store owners wouldn't sell cartons of eggs to minors lol. I don't think kids do this anymore. Do they?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, my parents taught us respect for others and there’s no way in heck my kids would be allowed to be out doing that. I remember one year when I was a little kid, someone egged our house, toilet paper on the trees, etc. and spray painted a racial slur on our driveway (we were the only biracial Asian family in a 99.9% white small town). I know the racial side is not what you’re talking about and I’m not accusing you of that at all, but in general after watching my dad get off a 12 hour work shift and have to spend hours scrubbing dried egg and wet toilet paper off our house, I could never do that to someone else for any reason.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, and I would never allow my kids to do that. If it was in good fun, say their friends TP'ed each other's houses that's one thing, but I would never let them run the neighborhood egging peoples homes or vandalizing things.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No it never occurred to me. Probably because my parents would’ve removed my head and handed it to me. We used to dress up and scare people coming to our house though.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

No…
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope.. I mean, we used to TP houses, but it was our friends' houses and we did it at sleepovers, not on a specific night.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No, I never did it and my children know better than to vandalize other peoples property. You may think egging a house is harmless fun but it can cause damage to the house that is not easily repairable. For example eggs can cause siding discolouration, denting of the siding, pealing of paints (since egg whites are corrosive). Plus dried eggs are extremely difficult to clean off surfaces. Not to mention it is illegal and can lead to charges.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My parents wouldn't have allowed us to do that in a million years.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No. Did your parents actually encourage this? That's messed up.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

That sounds like thug night.
Locked Previous topicNext topic