Mischief night/goosey night or whatever you call it

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:29 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:40 pm

Seriously? No they didn't encourage this. It was something kids snuck out to do or lied about where they were. It was the 80's man.
I was a kid in the 80s and it's still a hard no. It wasn't something we did as kids we would have had to clean it all up and been beat with a belt for that.
Perhaps it is a regional thing. A lot of kids did this the night before halloween. And you wouldn't know who soaped Mr. Smith's windows. It was neighborhood kids who did it and that's all anyone knew. Dads would go out in the morning and take down the tp from the trees. It certainly wasn't that serious to get hit with a belt. Geez.
What region did you grow up in that this was normal?
To be fair I got hit with a belt for just about anything. I once got hit with a belt for being "too loud in the car" when I was trying to read a book and my brother wouldn't stop throwing a ball at my head so I told him to stop.
But yeah even my friends who didn't have dad's who frequently hit them with a belt knew better than to vandalize someone's property.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:29 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:21 pm

I was a kid in the 80s and it's still a hard no. It wasn't something we did as kids we would have had to clean it all up and been beat with a belt for that.
Perhaps it is a regional thing. A lot of kids did this the night before halloween. And you wouldn't know who soaped Mr. Smith's windows. It was neighborhood kids who did it and that's all anyone knew. Dads would go out in the morning and take down the tp from the trees. It certainly wasn't that serious to get hit with a belt. Geez.
What region did you grow up in that this was normal?
To be fair I got hit with a belt for just about anything. I once got hit with a belt for being "too loud in the car" when I was trying to read a book and my brother wouldn't stop throwing a ball at my head so I told him to stop.
But yeah even my friends who didn't have dad's who frequently hit them with a belt knew better than to vandalize someone's property.
I'm sorry you were always hit with a belt. My parents would threaten to get a belt or beat our ass if we did something really bad but never actually did it. I grew up in New Jersey and mischief night was certainly a thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:39 pm Night before Halloween? No, that wasn't a thing even when I was a kid. For those who did do the egging, tp'ing, etc, it was done on Halloween night. The night before Halloween was just an ordinary night.
See and I never heard of doing that the night of Halloween. It was always the night before. In New Jersey anyway.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No.
My parents would have had my ass for anything like that. Honestly, I always thought that was something only seen in movies of badass kids on Halloween. I don’t know anyone who actually did that.

I don’t think kids are still doing this but it wouldn’t surprise me.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:05 pm No.
My parents would have had my ass for anything like that. Honestly, I always thought that was something only seen in movies of badass kids on Halloween. I don’t know anyone who actually did that.

I did not know anyone that did it either. My dad would have been very angry if my sister or I took part in anything like this. We never got spanked for anything but the worst thing my dad would do is to look us dead in the eyes and say "I'm very disappointed in you" forget any sort of spanking, that phrase was enough to make my sister and I think twice.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope never did mischief night. I would not encourage my kid to mess with anyones property.. people are crazy now and come out shooting. They don’t care if it’s just kids having fun.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:50 pm My parents wouldn't have allowed us to do that in a million years.
Parents didn't 'allow' it. We just did it. I mean they knew that kids did this and it just was what it was. You would lie and just say you were watching scary movies at a friends house then go out. They certainly didn't hand me eggs.
LOL
Mine would have noticed the eggs and toilet paper missing!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:20 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:05 pm No.

I did not know anyone that did it either. My dad would have been very angry if my sister or I took part in anything like this. We never got spanked for anything but the worst thing my dad would do is to look us dead in the eyes and say "I'm very disappointed in you" forget any sort of spanking, that phrase was enough to make my sister and I think twice.
I'm with you! There was so much stuff I didn't do as a kid because I couldn't stand the thought of that disappointed face from my parents. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Right? The only time I’ve ever heard of anything like this is that Judy Garland movie “ Meet me in St. Louis” that was set in like 1905…

Otherwise I haven’t heard of
Anyone that has heard of this.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:04 pm I have never heard of this and have never done it. Nor would it be encouraged or accepted by my family. My parents would have marched my ass back to whatever house was Vandalized and made me clean it up AND had me do yard work for the house for the next 6 months to make up for it out of respect. There is no excuse for blatant assholish vandalism, not even the "kids will be kids" excuse.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Grew up in the 70s and early 80s and never heard of this other than in movies.
Locked Previous topicNext topic