The Inflation Reduction Act

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Biden administration signed into law The Inflation Reduction Act.

The law requires a 15% minimum federal tax rate on all large corporations. Reduce the federal deficit by $305 billion over 10 years.
Medicare Part D will have cheaper premiums next year with a cap of $2,000 on out of,pocket prescription costs .
A lot of tax incentives to crease energy efficiency.
More middle class families will qualify for health care premium subsidies.
Additional IRS workers help with customer service and collecting taxes due from deadbeats.

Inflation won’t go away overnight and who knows what will effect the federal deficit over ten years but a lot of positives.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/calcula ... d=88458834
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"$305 billion over 10 years."

Not enough.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not a thing in this aimed at reducing inflation. It will increase it.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm interested in the healthcare premium subsidies. What will that look like?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 am "$305 billion over 10 years."

Not enough.
It's like trying to guess what the stock market will be doing in the next ten years.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The FED is going to reduce it right into a recession.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:25 pm I'm interested in the healthcare premium subsidies. What will that look like?
The premiums are not going up and they have increased the subsidies to reach more middle class incomes. I think every state might be different and it can be hard to figure out. Definitely worth looking at what's being offered and compare it to what you have.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:25 pm I'm interested in the healthcare premium subsidies. What will that look like?

Not sure if they will change, but they will be continued through at least 2025. Without this bill the current Federal subsidies were due to expire.

There is a new out-of-pocket limit for Medicare drug costs at $2,000 per year, and also a $35 per month cap on the cost of insulin.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

They’re the ones that raised it… how novel that they’ve come up with a solution for the problem they caused.

Only this solution sucks.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:29 pm

Not sure if they will change, but they will be continued through at least 2025. Without this bill the current Federal subsidies were due to expire.

There is a new out-of-pocket limit for Medicare drug costs at $2,000 per year, and also a $35 per month cap on the cost of insulin.
Biden wanted to cap insulin prices for everyone not just Medicare users. But Republicans blocked it. They voted for the pharmaceutical companies and against the American people.
Locked Previous topicNext topic