Well that was creepy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We're flying with our dd who needs a wheelchair to get through the airports. She's 12. We were transferring from one plane to another and the man pushing her asked her if she wanted to use the restroom before her next flight. She said yes. He stops outside of the womens restrooms and asks her if she needs help! I told him there's no way he's helping her in the restroom, grabbed her walker, and sent him away.
I'm so baffled how he thought that was an appropriate question and honestly it creeped me out. Should I report it? I didn't get his name.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People will always find something to complain about…he was being nice.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why was a stranger pushing her? And yeah that is weird/creepy for a grown man to ask a strange 12 year old girl if she needs help. I'd have assumed that if she needed help you'd go in with her.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:56 pm Why was a stranger pushing her? And yeah that is weird/creepy for a grown man to ask a strange 12 year old girl if she needs help. I'd have assumed that if she needed help you'd go in with her.
He probably meant if she needed help he would get her help. That’s a ridiculous jump to assume he was about to enter the women's restroom.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Was she using both the wheelchair and the walker? Why was another person pushing her?

It doesn't sound like he was asking to do anything other than help her up out of her wheelchair from your description.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh calm down....
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or he was asking if she needed help out if the wheelchair.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:56 pm Why was a stranger pushing her? And yeah that is weird/creepy for a grown man to ask a strange 12 year old girl if she needs help. I'd have assumed that if she needed help you'd go in with her.
Its part of the wheelchair service provided by the airport. She had to have an aisle chair because she couldn't put any weight on one leg and from there they transferred her to a regular wheelchair and just kept going.
If he had asked me if we needed help I would have understood but he asked her and I'm not quite sure what help he thought the 2 of us would need since obviously she uses the restroom at other times.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:12 am Was she using both the wheelchair and the walker? Why was another person pushing her?

It doesn't sound like he was asking to do anything other than help her up out of her wheelchair from your description.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.
The walker takes a lot of work on 1 foot and it's so far across the airport. It was folded up in my hand for our destination. Her pt says walker as able wheelchair for long distances or crowded areas.
As part of the wheelchair service at the airport they push people from place to place. I'd rather do it myself but whatever.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes. Report a man for asking a handicapped person if they need assistance.
Locked Previous topicNext topic