Well that was creepy

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wasn’t there. But as others said perhaps he just meant does she need help standing. And I’d ask her directly because i have a physically challenged friend. She gets upset because people talked to her attendant not her. “Does she need this or that?” like she can’t speak for herself. So the attendant might be used to asking the person directly “do you need help?” She is old enough to answer.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt that this person did not mean that they would go into the restroom with them. They probably need to think about how they word things but from what you've posted here, I don't think there is any reason to think something nefarious is going on.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He asked because there are specific things they have to ask regardless of you being there or not. It’s a combination of liability and accessibility.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:24 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:12 am Was she using both the wheelchair and the walker? Why was another person pushing her?

It doesn't sound like he was asking to do anything other than help her up out of her wheelchair from your description.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.
The walker takes a lot of work on 1 foot and it's so far across the airport. It was folded up in my hand for our destination. Her pt says walker as able wheelchair for long distances or crowded areas.
As part of the wheelchair service at the airport they push people from place to place. I'd rather do it myself but whatever.
Have you written about your daughter here before?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is a really stupid assumption on your part. Really really really stupid.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Jeez, calm the F down! He's not some creepy dude out to take advantage of your daughter. He's an employee doing his job. He's likely instructed to ask these questions and could get in trouble if he didn't ask.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:21 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:56 pm Why was a stranger pushing her? And yeah that is weird/creepy for a grown man to ask a strange 12 year old girl if she needs help. I'd have assumed that if she needed help you'd go in with her.
Its part of the wheelchair service provided by the airport. She had to have an aisle chair because she couldn't put any weight on one leg and from there they transferred her to a regular wheelchair and just kept going.
If he had asked me if we needed help I would have understood but he asked her and I'm not quite sure what help he thought the 2 of us would need since obviously she uses the restroom at other times.
It’s his job to transport her, he was probably just asking if she needed help getting in there, it isn’t like he said he was going to stand in there and watch her go to the bathroom. People in jobs like that are trained to ask the person they are transporting if they need help, it can be belittling to a person with disabilities when questions about them are asked to their attendant, so unless your daughter is a toddler there is no reason why she can’t answer where or not she needs help.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:24 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:12 am Was she using both the wheelchair and the walker? Why was another person pushing her?

It doesn't sound like he was asking to do anything other than help her up out of her wheelchair from your description.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.
The walker takes a lot of work on 1 foot and it's so far across the airport. It was folded up in my hand for our destination. Her pt says walker as able wheelchair for long distances or crowded areas.
As part of the wheelchair service at the airport they push people from place to place. I'd rather do it myself but whatever.
Have you written about your daughter here before?
I *think* this is the mom that has the daughter that has growth plate issues and just had surgery if I remember correctly. She broke her hip or something? <-- I can't remember the specifics, but she volleys between a wheelchair and a walker. Now, I could be incorrect so that this with a grain of salt. I'm guessing this is the same mom though.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:34 am He asked because there are specific things they have to ask regardless of you being there or not. It’s a combination of liability and accessibility.
Yeah I could see some Karen falling and be like I’m suing because the attendant didn’t offer help to me. It’s like damned if you do…
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He didn't say he was going to wipe her. Calm down. No good deed goes unpunished, huh? He may have meant assistance getting up, getting inside the door, or he could have meant that he'd have called someone. How dare anyone offer their support!!!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic