Will you be scaling back on your holiday shopping?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sort of, my life circumstances have changed and money is a big part of that so this year, I have medical bills out the wazoo and had to purchase two new cars…So I am going to focus on my two minor kids at home. One big gift each and once that’s completed I will focus on the 18 year old still at home and then the 21 year old still at home, once they are are complete I will do the two grandkids. I will also probably bow out of the family drawing this year.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Kind of. We are changing how we do gifts for Christmas in general. We used to do several smaller gifts but that doesn't work now that our kids are getting older. This year, we are going to do one or two larger gifts, possibly including activities instead of material items. It will probably end up being cheaper because all of those little gifts add up!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm I’ve tried to scale back every year for a long time and yet somehow it always looks like Christmas exploded and puked up presents everywhere.
Yes!!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. The savings account is lower than I like it to be so Christmas will have to be scaled back.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh absolutely I will be scaling back this year.
My due date is December 25th. Christmas is essentially ‘canceled’ for me in that I will not be going anywhere but the hospital.
As for gifts: my finances will be focused on baby as well as saving for my unpaid leave.
DS will get a gift card or money because I can’t not get him something. Family and friends will get smiles and baby pictures. SO will get the gift of his son being birthed into the world.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope. We'll spend the usual $500 or $600 on DD (15).
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve not spent much on Christmas since my kids were young.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We never did go crazy over board. We try to keep it around $250 per kiddo. So no, we won’t scale back…and I’m hoping hubby gets me a new paddle board.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't really have anybody to shop for. 1 or 2 people, perhaps.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:27 pm We never did go crazy over board. We try to keep it around $250 per kiddo. So no, we won’t scale back…and I’m hoping hubby gets me a new paddle board.
My husbands step-grandmother got all of the kids Bote inflatable paddle boards for their birthdays. They’re really good quality and so much more convenient to travel with.
Locked Previous topicNext topic