Will you be scaling back on your holiday shopping?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have one kiddo and I spoil her.. no plans to scale back I will spend my normal amount.

She’s in her first year of college I’m sure her wishlist will be dorm stuff( Keurig, air fryer..)
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:33 am I'm broke so no Christmas presents this year but my kids are adults so they're okay with that. Just a nice meal together and a day of watching Christmas movies in our PJs.
Part of me wishes that’s what we were doing, but I don’t want mil to spend the day alone. So we’ll go over there for a few hours.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Now that ods will be moving across state I’m thinking more of logistics than actual gifts. For example we may not see my brother this year due to his schedule vs my son’s. We usually don’t spend a lot anyhow.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We’ll spend the same amount as usual, but we never break the bank with it. We budget $150 a child and shop throughout the year to buy things on sale, used but in new condition items, etc. We have six kids, that’s six kids worth of hand me down toys to play with, so we usually just get each kid a couple special things tailored to their interests that year, some books and clothes, and call it good. We don’t like clutter.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Our kid's are all adults so scaling back has been the name of the game for years.

They'll get some nice stocking stuffers, we'll have some yummy food throughout the holidays and especially Christmas Eve and Day, and just have a fun season.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ours will be a bit scaled back from last year.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:37 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 am I've gotten some pretty significant raises over the last year so I'll be doing more. I'm already just about finished shopping for my 3 year old's bday and xmas. Just gotta get the big kids knocked out but it's so much harder when they are older.
I haven’t experienced that but I know a lot of people who say this.
I guess it just seems harder in comparison to when they were little. When they were little it was all about toys. Now that they are big they don't want toys anymore. And I always feel like clothes aren't Xmas gifts, they are something you provide anyways, but I know not everyone thinks that way.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I get to scale back because my kids are older. Their lists of wants/needs is pretty short and not that expensive this year.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve tried to scale back every year for a long time and yet somehow it always looks like Christmas exploded and puked up presents everywhere.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm I’ve tried to scale back every year for a long time and yet somehow it always looks like Christmas exploded and puked up presents everywhere.
Same! Lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic