How many pets are too many? (hurricane related)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So I'm watching the chatter on Mike's Weather Page on fb. A few folks commented that they live in a trailer/rv and they can't evacuate because they have too many pets and not enough carriers. At some point getting multiple pets is just not responsible. Especially living on the Florida coast. And one of the many reasons why they live in an RV in the first place. Unless you have a farm this is just a bad idea. So now they are stuck there. Oh and I know there are a few Florida peeps on here so stay safe if you are in the path of this storm!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My BIL is facing the same problem. He doesn't live in a trailer though. I'm not sure what living in a trailer has to do with it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:00 am My BIL is facing the same problem. He doesn't live in a trailer though. I'm not sure what living in a trailer has to do with it?
Because the trailers are not safe to be in during a major hurricane.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

2 small dogs is my limit. I live in an area where hurricanes are a strong possibility during hurricane season. I have a hard shell carrier and a collapsible carrier. All of my dog pet information is on my phone(shot records, medication.)

At one point I thought about getting chickens.. I can’t remember the members name but she had the most beautiful chicken..lol kind of made me want some.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:00 am My BIL is facing the same problem. He doesn't live in a trailer though. I'm not sure what living in a trailer has to do with it?
Neither is a house, lol. My BIL lives in a mandatory evacuation zone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:06 am
So what is he going to do? And many house in Florida are rated for hurricane strength. Much more than a trailer!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:13 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:06 am

So what is he going to do? And many house in Florida are rated for hurricane strength. Much more than a trailer!
He's working with the Humane Society for a solution.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m pretty much at my max. We have 4 dogs and 2 Guinea pigs. It would not be an issue for us to evacuate with all of them.

To our Florida moms, be safe.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Is the carrier/crate requirement because they are evacuating to a shelter? I have carriers for my cats but not for my two large dogs. I couldn't get two large dog crates into my car!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When we lived in a fire prone area in California we not only had a plan to get all of our animals out (pets and livestock) but carriers were placed in easy to grab locations and we always had basic animal supplies ready to go. It's just the nature of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic