Joe Biden

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He hasn’t done much, TBH. I actually expected him to not do much, at least at first. It’s actually a nice refresher form the drama filled 4 years before him.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:12 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:38 pm Not so great, but better than the last president.
How so?

Do you have a lot of money?
I don't believe a president, any president, controls the economy.

No. I'm fairly poor.
I think it depends on how you define controls the economy. Nixon’s plan to become less fuel dependent on the Middle East did contribute to gas prices after he was out of office. It was also he who initiated China/US relationships to start opening up to China/US trade. Reagan expanded this offering incentives to companies to outsource. His Reaganomics led to the increase of wage gaps and the reduction of the middle class. Clinton’s tax hikes overall inhibited our economic growth from reaching its potential. Trumps trade battles did far more harm to our economy than good. Biden’s economic policies are pretty close to FDR’s long term plans, BUT realistically he’s unable to do much for the short term as after COVID and COVID relief, the nation isn’t really in a good position to do anything to stimulate the economy out of the inflation. Not to mention this would be highly opposed by fiscal conservatives. We’ve been slowly heading closer and closer to a global depression for almost 4 yrs now, not sure there’s much any world leaders can do when it’s a global and not just national economic crisis.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:13 pm He's fine. Doing as well as I expected, as well as he can under the circumstances and considering what he inherited.
Yes, a roaring economy is a bad thing.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:22 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:13 pm He's fine. Doing as well as I expected, as well as he can under the circumstances and considering what he inherited.
You know what Obama said about him, right? “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f**k things up.”
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:02 pm
You know what Obama said about him, right? “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f**k things up.”
That’s not complimentary but Obama picked the guy as his VP. He must have known Joe Biden was, the guy was in politics a long time. So it’s kinda like a woman complaining about her ex husband. Says something about Obama.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:47 pm

That’s not complimentary but Obama picked the guy as his VP. He must have known Joe Biden was, the guy was in politics a long time. So it’s kinda like a woman complaining about her ex husband. Says something about Obama.
Take it with a grain of salt. I had fact checked it a while ago. The quote is attributed to being recounted by an “unnamed source”. He DID discourage Joe from running in 2016. The family was still grieving the loss of Beau, Hilary had already had a strong foothold and had raised considerable financial contributions.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Take it with a grain of salt. I had fact checked it a while ago. The quote is attributed to being recounted by an “unnamed source”. He DID discourage Joe from running in 2016. The family was still grieving the loss of Beau, Hilary had already had a strong foothold and had raised considerable financial contributions.
I just assumed if Obama said it he was exasperated. I like my boss a lot but times I’ve said oh my god that man fucked that up again. Especially computer related. He can barely work one. Or my kid can screw up any homework lol. I think everyone has said it regardless of how close they are to a person.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:18 am I'm glad I voted for him, especially considering the alternative.
I can’t even imagine the horrors.

Biden is a moderate so he’s not going after issues like gun control. But the economy, inflation is a global problem right now. I think we’ve had it pretty easy and when a world event like the Russian war effects world economy we need someone to blame. It’s usually the top guy.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:46 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:12 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 pm

How so?

Do you have a lot of money?
I don't believe a president, any president, controls the economy.

No. I'm fairly poor.
I think it depends on how you define controls the economy. Nixon’s plan to become less fuel dependent on the Middle East did contribute to gas prices after he was out of office. It was also he who initiated China/US relationships to start opening up to China/US trade. Reagan expanded this offering incentives to companies to outsource. His Reaganomics led to the increase of wage gaps and the reduction of the middle class. Clinton’s tax hikes overall inhibited our economic growth from reaching its potential. Trumps trade battles did far more harm to our economy than good. Biden’s economic policies are pretty close to FDR’s long term plans, BUT realistically he’s unable to do much for the short term as after COVID and COVID relief, the nation isn’t really in a good position to do anything to stimulate the economy out of the inflation. Not to mention this would be highly opposed by fiscal conservatives. We’ve been slowly heading closer and closer to a global depression for almost 4 yrs now, not sure there’s much any world leaders can do when it’s a global and not just national economic crisis.
Yep. The word “global” being key.

I thought the 80’s with Reagan and then the Bush Sr administration had problems with high unemployment rates and mortgage interest rates were like 20%.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:24 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 pm

I just assumed if Obama said it he was exasperated. I like my boss a lot but times I’ve said oh my god that man fucked that up again. Especially computer related. He can barely work one. Or my kid can screw up any homework lol. I think everyone has said it regardless of how close they are to a person.
Lol, can totally relate to the computer related, though not a boss it’s something I deal with mdd and mil over. Some days I really want to take away their devices.
Locked Previous topicNext topic