Joe Biden

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is no "man behind the curtain." But yes, presidents often get blamed for things he cannot do anything about. I think Biden is doing a good job so far and he is a welcome relief after the last moron. Presidents should lead and work to find the best people who can make a difference when problems arise. I doubt any president could ever approach the level of outright stupidity (let's look into drinking bleach to cure COVID!) of Trump. Of course I thought no one would ever be worse than Nixon, and boy, was I wrong about that.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:56 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am
Lemons wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:51 pm

Why is it so popular? Oh never mind, I get it. They started making small guns that could hold larger bullets. The larger the bullet the more likely the kill. People with guns don’t just want to defend themselves, they want to kill.
The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
You really should quit injecting opinion without facts. You just look foolish.
I’ve never found a 9mm I liked. I prefer my Springfield Armory XD .45 with 13 round magazine. Perfectly balanced, weight evenly distributed, very accurate. I have no intent to kill anyone and THATS specifically why I’d want something that is accurate without anything that could cause the shot to be off. I’ve even tried the 9 in the XD, not the same balance of weight. It’s a little too muzzle heavy by a bit.
Just don't tell lemon what a 45 will do to a body. She doesn't understand the goal is to stop a threat, not piss them off, which odds are that's what a 32 or 380 will do.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:10 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:44 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:32 pm

"Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?"

Does that mean he wants to ban 9mm pistols or those who can hold 10 or more rounds?
He said 9mm's and falsely claimed they blow a lung right out of the body. And when did a 9 suddenly become "military-style"?
When the military started using them including NATO.
Eye roll. No nice words to say to that level of ignorance.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:09 am
Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 pm

I didn’t say every Trump voter and neither did Biden. The term MAGA voter is now synonymous with extreme right voters who will back Trump and believe any word he utters.

You’re making my point. Trump did have documents that belonged to the US government and they were not secure. He was asked to turn them al over months before and he didn’t return them all. It’s not too hard to get into that resort. So why believe that everything is a witch hunt? Or that they were really looking for Hillary’s emails? Or that they were planted? That the FBI agent brought them in.?

Every time one of his excuses or accusations is exposed as untrue he would just move on to the next one. See if one sticks. They all stick to the MAGA voters. And they are definitely not all of the Republicans.
That claim is very insulting and divisive.

I guess we could say anyone who believes and agrees with Biden is synonymous with far left wing lunatic who loves big government running their lives and open borders among other things. Yeah, that works.
Why does the term insult you if you aren't an extreme right Republican?
Am I an extreme right wing republican?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:01 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 pm

I didn’t say every Trump voter and neither did Biden. The term MAGA voter is now synonymous with extreme right voters who will back Trump and believe any word he utters.

You’re making my point. Trump did have documents that belonged to the US government and they were not secure. He was asked to turn them al over months before and he didn’t return them all. It’s not too hard to get into that resort. So why believe that everything is a witch hunt? Or that they were really looking for Hillary’s emails? Or that they were planted? That the FBI agent brought them in.?

Every time one of his excuses or accusations is exposed as untrue he would just move on to the next one. See if one sticks. They all stick to the MAGA voters. And they are definitely not all of the Republicans.

I guess we could say anyone who believes and agrees with Biden is synonymous with far left wing lunatic who loves big government running their lives and open borders among other things. Yeah, that works.

Election deniers are a unique problem for democracy. Biden would be wrong to ignore it. What language should he have used?
Election theft enablers are an even more unique problem. Oh wait, it's not unique. Authoritarian regimes do it all the time.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:31 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:56 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am

The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
You really should quit injecting opinion without facts. You just look foolish.
I’ve never found a 9mm I liked. I prefer my Springfield Armory XD .45 with 13 round magazine. Perfectly balanced, weight evenly distributed, very accurate. I have no intent to kill anyone and THATS specifically why I’d want something that is accurate without anything that could cause the shot to be off. I’ve even tried the 9 in the XD, not the same balance of weight. It’s a little too muzzle heavy by a bit.
Just don't tell lemon what a 45 will do to a body. She doesn't understand the goal is to stop a threat, not piss them off, which odds are that's what a 32 or 380 will do.
I know what it can do, BUT if a situation arose in which I felt that it was the only viable option to protect my family…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:35 am

No, of course not.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Simply put I don’t think MAGA republicans are extreme right. I don’t think people who support Trump are extreme right. That goes for people who voted for Trump also. Some of them, yes, the majority of them, no.

Actually, the point was that Biden was the great uniter. His rhetoric, and name-calling, prove different. Wasn’t that name-calling one of the things people complained about Trump doing?
Who are the extreme right iyo? I mean, what makes for an extreme right Republican?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:58 am

No, of course not.
How are you fairing Hurricane Ian? Was thinking about you this morning.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. And the reason is you make excuses for every corrupt illegal scheme that came out of Trump administration. No matter how many indictments, guilty findings, Trump excusing the felons with pardons came out of his administration. There's isn't a conspiracy theory about Biden or Clinton that you don't believe. That's hard core fandom of the extreme right.
Locked Previous topicNext topic