Joe Biden

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:39 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:04 pm
DSamuels wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 pm And he’s doing such a damn good job of it by insulting and vilifying about 1/2 the population of the US. Go Joe!

More like 20% of the population. Do you think Biden would have won over that 20% if he hadn't "insulted" them?
Only 20% of the population voted for Trump? Hmm, then Biden should have won by a much larger margin if 80% voted for him.

Honestly, I am surprised Biden got as many votes as he did. I think a lot of them were votes against Trump and not for Biden, the same way Trump won by getting the not Hillary votes.
When Biden talks about voters who are a threat to our democracy he’s not talking about half the voters. He’s talking about MAGA extremists and Trump.

Is this what you claim is an insult?

“ Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic," Biden said. "As I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault. We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise."”

“ It's sickening to see the new attacks on the FBI, threatening the life of law enforcement agents and their families for simply carrying out the law and doing their job," Biden said.

"I want to say it as clearly as I can. There is no place in this country - no place - for endangering the lives of law enforcement. No place. None. Never. Period. I'm opposed to defunding the police. I'm also opposed to defunding the FBI."”

Let me tell this to my MAGA Republican friends in Congress. Don't tell me you support law enforcement if you won't condemn what happened on the 6th," he said, referring to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot by Trump supports at the Capitol.

These are truths not insults

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden- ... 022-08-30/
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:27 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:04 pm

More like 20% of the population. Do you think Biden would have won over that 20% if he hadn't "insulted" them?
Only 20% of the population voted for Trump? Hmm, then Biden should have won by a much larger margin if 80% voted for him.

Honestly, I am surprised Biden got as many votes as he did. I think a lot of them were votes against Trump and not for Biden, the same way Trump won by getting the not Hillary votes.
When Biden talks about voters who are a threat to our democracy he’s not talking about half the voters. He’s talking about MAGA extremists and Trump.

“ Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic," Biden said. "As I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault. We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise."”

“ It's sickening to see the new attacks on the FBI, threatening the life of law enforcement agents and their families for simply carrying out the law and doing their job," Biden said.

"I want to say it as clearly as I can. There is no place in this country - no place - for endangering the lives of law enforcement. No place. None. Never. Period. I'm opposed to defunding the police. I'm also opposed to defunding the FBI."”

Let me tell this to my MAGA Republican friends in Congress. Don't tell me you support law enforcement if you won't condemn what happened on the 6th," he said, referring to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot by Trump supports at the Capitol.

So in your opinion anyone, or any republican, who voted for Trump and wants to “Make America Great Again” is an extremist and threatens the country?

Funny, I haven’t heard anyone but democrats talk about defunding police. The FBI has done some sketchy things lately and several republicans have said they have been contacted by FBI agent whistleblowers.

I know you won’t agree with me or see it the same way and I really don’t care.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:51 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:21 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:59 pm

The 9mm is a handgun round.
The only reply i could give that was "ummm..."

I intended to say it was only the most popular handgun there is, but why bother. She'd I just spin another direction.
Why is it so popular? Oh never mind, I get it. They started making small guns that could hold larger bullets. The larger the bullet the more likely the kill. People with guns don’t just want to defend themselves, they want to kill.
The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
You really should quit injecting opinion without facts. You just look foolish.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am

I intended to say it was only the most popular handgun there is, but why bother. She'd I just spin another direction.
Why is it so popular? Oh never mind, I get it. They started making small guns that could hold larger bullets. The larger the bullet the more likely the kill. People with guns don’t just want to defend themselves, they want to kill.
The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
I never said I’m a gun expert, I’ve never needed or wanted one. But I can read and the most respected data is from the medical professionals who treat gunshot wounds and fatalities.

The Journal of American Medical Association did a study on deaths vs survival with gun shot wounds

“Boston, in the period studied here, simply replacing larger-caliber guns with small-caliber guns with no change in location or number of wounds would have reduced the gun homicide rate by 39.5%. “.

The study linked below was conducted during a five year period. The majority of victims were from gang wars. They aren’t about to choose a lower caliber gun because they are trying to murder. But non-criminals don’t need 9 mm .

People who use guns for defense don’t need to kill, just incapacitate. .32 or .380acp were made for self defense. That means next time someone accidentally shoots a Girl Scout selling cookies or a family member thinking they’re intruders the shooter’s victim would have a better chance of survival.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2688536
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:16 am

So in your opinion anyone, or any republican, who voted for Trump and wants to “Make America Great Again” is an extremist and threatens the country?

Funny, I haven’t heard anyone but democrats talk about defunding police. The FBI has done some sketchy things lately and several republicans have said they have been contacted by FBI agent whistleblowers.

I didn’t say every Trump voter and neither did Biden. The term MAGA voter is now synonymous with extreme right voters who will back Trump and believe any word he utters.

You’re making my point. Trump did have documents that belonged to the US government and they were not secure. He was asked to turn them al over months before and he didn’t return them all. It’s not too hard to get into that resort. So why believe that everything is a witch hunt? Or that they were really looking for Hillary’s emails? Or that they were planted? That the FBI agent brought them in.?

Every time one of his excuses or accusations is exposed as untrue he would just move on to the next one. See if one sticks. They all stick to the MAGA voters. And they are definitely not all of the Republicans.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:16 am

I didn’t say every Trump voter and neither did Biden. The term MAGA voter is now synonymous with extreme right voters who will back Trump and believe any word he utters.

You’re making my point. Trump did have documents that belonged to the US government and they were not secure. He was asked to turn them al over months before and he didn’t return them all. It’s not too hard to get into that resort. So why believe that everything is a witch hunt? Or that they were really looking for Hillary’s emails? Or that they were planted? That the FBI agent brought them in.?

Every time one of his excuses or accusations is exposed as untrue he would just move on to the next one. See if one sticks. They all stick to the MAGA voters. And they are definitely not all of the Republicans.
That claim is very insulting and divisive.

I guess we could say anyone who believes and agrees with Biden is synonymous with far left wing lunatic who loves big government running their lives and open borders among other things. Yeah, that works.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:56 pm

I never said I’m a gun expert, I’ve never needed or wanted one. But I can read and the most respected data is from the medical professionals who treat gunshot wounds and fatalities.

The Journal of American Medical Association did a study on deaths vs survival with gun shot wounds

“Boston, in the period studied here, simply replacing larger-caliber guns with small-caliber guns with no change in location or number of wounds would have reduced the gun homicide rate by 39.5%. “.

The study linked below was conducted during a five year period. The majority of victims were from gang wars. They aren’t about to choose a lower caliber gun because they are trying to murder. But non-criminals don’t need 9 mm .

People who use guns for defense don’t need to kill, just incapacitate. .32 or .380acp were made for self defense. That means next time someone accidentally shoots a Girl Scout selling cookies or a family member thinking they’re intruders the shooter’s victim would have a better chance of survival.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2688536
So what you're saying is you would rather see the victims die.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I shudder to think what it would look like if Trump had actually won.
He was the lesser (way, way, way lesser) of two evils and I think he’s done an good job given what he inherited (which goes beyond just the economy) Do I think he’s the most perfect president ever and am I flying a flag of his face on my house? No, but then again I’m not in a cult.
Do I want him to run again? No. I am tired of old white men running this country. I know it’s the norm and status quo, but I’m tired of it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:53 am I shudder to think what it would look like if Trump had actually won.
He was the lesser (way, way, way lesser) of two evils and I think he’s done an good job given what he inherited (which goes beyond just the economy) Do I think he’s the most perfect president ever and am I flying a flag of his face on my house? No, but then again I’m not in a cult.
Do I want him to run again? No. I am tired of old white men running this country. I know it’s the norm and status quo, but I’m tired of it.
I would like nothing better than a younger man or woman in the White House. But unless the Republicans find someone other than DeSatan I’m voting for Biden again. There’s better people in the party than him. Idk why republicans are so fixated on Trump or someone like him anyway. It’s like he shits gold or something. I don’t get it.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve never found a 9mm I liked. I prefer my Springfield Armory XD .45 with 13 round magazine. Perfectly balanced, weight evenly distributed, very accurate. I have no intent to kill anyone and THATS specifically why I’d want something that is accurate without anything that could cause the shot to be off. I’ve even tried the 9 in the XD, not the same balance of weight. It’s a little too muzzle heavy by a bit.
Locked Previous topicNext topic