Joe Biden

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:31 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:56 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am

The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
You really should quit injecting opinion without facts. You just look foolish.
I’ve never found a 9mm I liked. I prefer my Springfield Armory XD .45 with 13 round magazine. Perfectly balanced, weight evenly distributed, very accurate. I have no intent to kill anyone and THATS specifically why I’d want something that is accurate without anything that could cause the shot to be off. I’ve even tried the 9 in the XD, not the same balance of weight. It’s a little too muzzle heavy by a bit.
Just don't tell lemon what a 45 will do to a body. She doesn't understand the goal is to stop a threat, not piss them off, which odds are that's what a 32 or 380 will do.
So go for the kill? And who are these people you're trying not to piss off? These home invaders who pretty much always turn out to be family or acquaintances? Hysteria is the only reason regular people think they need a deadly form of protection.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:03 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:35 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 pm

Why does the term insult you if you aren't an extreme right Republican?
Am I an extreme right wing republican?
Yes. And the reason is you make excuses for every corrupt illegal scheme that came out of Trump administration. No matter how many indictments, guilty findings, Trump excusing the felons with pardons came out of his administration. There's isn't a conspiracy theory about Biden or Clinton that you don't believe. That's hard core fandom of the extreme right.
LOL
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Yes. And the reason is you make excuses for every corrupt illegal scheme that came out of Trump administration. No matter how many indictments, guilty findings, Trump excusing the felons with pardons came out of his administration. There's isn't a conspiracy theory about Biden or Clinton that you don't believe. That's hard core fandom of the extreme right.
LOL
That comment was perfect for the rolling laughing sweet pea!
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:58 am

No, of course not.
How are you fairing Hurricane Ian? Was thinking about you this morning.
We are seemingly in the clear. He moved offshore into the Atlantic around St. Augustine and it's looking like he's going to pass us by. We're getting wind gusts and some light rain at my house. The power tried to go out but it's still on for now. Thank you for asking 🤗
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:20 pm

LOL
Name one person in Trumps administration that was guilty for what he was charged with.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm

I’ve never found a 9mm I liked. I prefer my Springfield Armory XD .45 with 13 round magazine. Perfectly balanced, weight evenly distributed, very accurate. I have no intent to kill anyone and THATS specifically why I’d want something that is accurate without anything that could cause the shot to be off. I’ve even tried the 9 in the XD, not the same balance of weight. It’s a little too muzzle heavy by a bit.
Just don't tell lemon what a 45 will do to a body. She doesn't understand the goal is to stop a threat, not piss them off, which odds are that's what a 32 or 380 will do.
So go for the kill? And who are these people you're trying not to piss off? These home invaders who pretty much always turn out to be family or acquaintances? Hysteria is the only reason regular people think they need a deadly form of protection.
It’s about 100 people a year that die in home invasion robberies.

If that’s trivial enough to not care… that’s going to remain a personal decision, not the standpoint of the rest of us.

The low death statistic is only because there’s about 10,500 robberies a year…which let’s face it could be a life or death situation every time for that home owner.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:43 am

If that’s trivial enough to not care… that’s going to remain a personal decision, not the standpoint of the rest of us.

The low death statistic is only because there’s about 10,500 robberies a year…which let’s face it could be a life or death situation every time for that home owner.
10,500 robberies a year in a country with almost 350,000,000 people. Not bad although a lot of robberies without injuries are not reported.

In terms of a personal preference you have to look at everything. 100 people killed each year in home invasions but about 400 people are accidentally killed in the home each year by having guns in the home. Mostly children. Not to mention domestic violence in the home.

People have been conned into thinking they will safe if only they had a gun. Just not true.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:50 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:43 am

10,500 robberies a year in a country with almost 350,000,000 people. Not bad although a lot of robberies without injuries are not reported.

In terms of a personal preference you have to look at everything. 100 people killed each year in home invasions but about 400 people are accidentally killed in the home each year by having guns in the home. Mostly children. Not to mention domestic violence in the home.

People have been conned into thinking they will safe if only they had a gun. Just not true.
I have never thought that. I just want my guns. They're stored properly. They aren't hurting anyone. That's all.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You go for the stop, not necessarily "the kill". Threat neutralization is the objective. Especially if someone's amped up a .32 might not have the stopping power, which is where the pissing off comes from. It'd have to be a very well placed round to stop an advancing threat with a small caliber. It doesn't penetrate enough to hit internal organs because there's not a lot of power.

Where on earth do you get that home invaders always turn out to be family or acquaintances? What? You actually made me chuckle with that.

Maybe you should poll the "hysterical" people who have the privilege of having ARMED security protecting them while they screech about taking away everyone else's protection. They'd probably be a good source of expressing to you WHY weapons are necessary.

No cash bail, useless states attorneys who don't prosecute, and police being hamstrung and stopped from performing their jobs correctly are why "regular people" think they need a deadly form of protection.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am

The 9mm isn't really a large bullet. If the goal were just to kill, that's not really what you want. 40 SW, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag would be much more popular.
You really should quit injecting opinion without facts. You just look foolish.
Oh come on Carpy! Tell! Tell! Explain hollow points too! That'll send her over the edge. We need some more liberal screeching on the board! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My CC instructor even laughed at me about my .32 and just pissing off who I was aiming at. Everyone mocks my poor little mouse gun! I got that for concealed carry specifically because I didn't want to have to worry about what was behind my target if I ever did need to draw.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic