I gave up on my dad and he is likely going to die

Anonymous 5

Unread post

My dad is getting to that same part. I'm sorry it's so hard and it's so easy to feel helpless.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Chronic illness is exhausting and the dialysis schedule is grinding. I can't say that I blame him. It's grueling and it is very restrictive. I'm so sorry you're facing losing him so soon. I hope you both can find peace with whatever road he chooses.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m trying to not be rude but if it’s end stage wouldn’t he die anyway? Is dialysis just holding off the inevitable?
Either way I’m so sorry.
i want candy!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:11 am I’m trying to not be rude but if it’s end stage wouldn’t he die anyway? Is dialysis just holding off the inevitable?
Either way I’m so sorry.
I think one can live many years on dialysis but I don’t know the quality of life. It sounds like he’s not a candidate for a kidney transplant and fed up with the treatment. Idk how grueling that is or not. But I can understand saying screw it I want my last years to be happy and if I die sooner for it so be it. Doesn’t make it easier for op though especially if dad is in denial. Op I’m sorry.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My brother was just 48 when he de died to quit cancer treatment. It was his choice and while I wanted to drag him to get it, I couldn’t go against his wishes.
Unless you go through what he’s going thorough you really can’t judge him for wanting to quit. It’s very hard to deal with that and I’m sorry you’re going through this. All you can do is try to be supportive of him. But by all means, tell him how you feel. And don’t miss the last Lee you’d moments you can have with him whether you agree with his choice or not.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

This isn't your fault. I look back and question everything with my dad. But at the end of the day, I am still the child in this relationship. An adult child but still the child. People have to be responsible for themselves. My dad made choices. He made choices every day of his life. And those choices lead to a somewhat early death. He was 76 but had he made different choices, he could have lived longer. Or at least happier. I still question myself sometimes. But at the end of the day, my dad was his own person and is going to live how he chooses. Your dad, too.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m so sorry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic