Do you own any jackets made with sherpa lining?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:27 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:23 pm

I don’t need to change anything about me. Racism is a serious issue so yes, I’ll take it seriously. Plenty of posts that I don’t take seriously.
How is this racist?
Did you read my original post? I was commenting on her “now you’re a racist if you wear this jacket” sarcastic comment regarding changing the name to a more respectful term.
Respectful ... You realize these people are actually employed as Sherpas, right? FFS
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:25 am Can you ever...just once...lighten up? Are you like this in real life too? Take everything so seriously? It's a silly post about sherpa lining for gods sake.

I don’t need to change anything about me. Racism is a serious issue so yes, I’ll take it seriously. Plenty of posts that I don’t take seriously.
How is this racist?
Considering that these folks are actually employed AS SHERPAS ...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:26 am

How is this racist?
Considering that these folks are actually employed AS SHERPAS ...
Sherpa are a Tibetan ethnic group.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:24 am

How is this racist?
Did you read my original post? I was commenting on her “now you’re a racist if you wear this jacket” sarcastic comment regarding changing the name to a more respectful term.
Respectful ... You realize these people are actually employed as Sherpas, right? FFS
Employed by who?
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 am We better get all that Canadian bacon out of the store too…
And Italian dressing.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 am We better get all that Canadian bacon out of the store too…
It's only called Canadian bacon in the US. Just an FYI.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:24 am

How is this racist?
You realize that Sherpa is an ethnic group and not a job, right? FFS. Many of the climbing guides who are employed in the Himalayan region are Sherpa, the ethnicity, so people started called all guides Sherpa. Not all guides are Sherpa and not all Sherpas are guides.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:28 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:25 am Can you ever...just once...lighten up? Are you like this in real life too? Take everything so seriously? It's a silly post about sherpa lining for gods sake.

Do you think that the people in Nepal give an ounce of care that the term “Sherpa” is or was used in North America regarding clothing?
I’m sure that there are Sherpa people who do care.
If I were a Sherpa in Tibet I think I’d care more about the morons trying to climb Mount Everest, maybe dying, and littering the place with their corpses. While I risk my life as a guide. At least I have heard that’s what some do. They place ropes for the climbers. Which they can because they have a genetic ability to use oxygen well. I’m sure it’s a dangerous job for them. I’d probably also be concerned with whatever problems Tibet has. Maybe some care about a clothing line I’ve never heard of until recently. (I live under a rock.) I just assume they have bigger problems.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am
HanSolo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:23 pm
Do you think that the people in Nepal give an ounce of care that the term “Sherpa” is or was used in North America regarding clothing?
If I were a Sherpa in Tibet I think I’d care more about the morons trying to climb Mount Everest, maybe dying, and littering the place with their corpses. While I risk my life as a guide. At least I have heard that’s what some do. They place ropes for the climbers. Which they can because they have a genetic ability to use oxygen well. I’m sure it’s a dangerous job for them. I’d probably also be concerned with whatever problems Tibet has. Maybe some care about a clothing line I’ve never heard of until recently. (I live under a rock.) I just assume they have bigger problems.
How about a Sherpa living in the US? There are over 5000.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:54 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:38 am

How about a Sherpa living in the US? There are over 5000.
I don’t know what they think of it. All I know is North wants to change the name. Which is fine but I don’t see how is racist anymore than French dressing is. But if it is upsetting to Sherpas then so be it. I’m speaking of Tibetans and what is happening to Mount Everest bothers me more I guess.
Locked Previous topicNext topic